GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
Mine was an early 2011 model and sounds like a tractor, I guess thats the way it tells i have the old one?

Mine has a noticeably louder TSI tick than any of the other TSI guys I've been around. Also I recently developed the "marbles in a can" sound when the engine is cold, so I think its time.

All the time or just start ups?

Ticking loud all the time. Hard to hear over the exhaust but if you lift the hood its pretty noticeable.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Mine has a noticeably louder TSI tick than any of the other TSI guys I've been around. Also I recently developed the "marbles in a can" sound when the engine is cold, so I think its time.

Ticking loud all the time. Hard to hear over the exhaust but if you lift the hood its pretty noticeable.

Looks like I'm getting it done soon too [emoji58]

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Just doing as preventative maintenance since I'm an early 2011 model, so likely an early revision. All said and done the tensioner job is about $540. The carbon cleaning is $160.
Dang, that's a really good price. Dealership or independent shop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

93serprise

Ready to race!
Just purchased a throttle pipe to go with my neuspeed top. Next purchase will be a water meth kit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Few under hood cosmetic updates. Added ECS Tuning carbon fiber engine cover to match my Luft-Technik intake, Porsche oil and coolant caps, and a black washer reservoir cap. Also did some cleaning in the bay.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Painted front and rear calipers a couple of weeks ago because they've turned pink over the years. PITA but looks much better.

Bottom half unpainted

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Just installed deAutoKey full interior LED kit with red footwells. Me likey <3

I actually liked it better with the footwell lights turned off lol. it distracts me for some reason.

vannoj

Finally installed my Beluga Downpipe and flashed Cobb Stage 2. Mmm 'dem gains.