GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

anthmash

Passed Driver's Ed
Re mounted my intercooler and trimmed bumper to fit, also pulled the intake manifold and cleaned up the valves ?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Got the bolt out with the help of some channel locks. Got the new bolt in and torqued to spec. Seems to be holding at this point I'll check it periodically.

I'd have had them fix it on their dime... crush washer is a pretty stupid/negligent thing to forget

Diluted

Ready to race!
I'd have had them fix it on their dime... crush washer is a pretty stupid/negligent thing to forget

Looks like they put a washer, but it seemed like a standard washer, not a crush washer. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

The new bolt and crush washer definitely seems to be holding. No new stains on the driveway. Just curious about the next oil change...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I hit 60k miles. I bought it 3 and a half years ago with 19k miles, so I've been putting on about 11,700 miles a year. That means my pilot super sports have to have somewhere around 24k miles on them, and I think I might be able to squeeze out another 5k or so. I'm surprised they're lasting this long with all the reports of people getting 25k on them, and with the way I drive.

Spoonylove

Passed Driver's Ed

I bought an oem rack and a couple of barracuda bike attachments for super cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I hit 60k miles. I bought it 3 and a half years ago with 19k miles, so I've been putting on about 11,700 miles a year. That means my pilot super sports have to have somewhere around 24k miles on them, and I think I might be able to squeeze out another 5k or so. I'm surprised they're lasting this long with all the reports of people getting 25k on them, and with the way I drive.
I'm thinking they're worth the premium. I've been on the Continental DWS 06 while all seasons got all 4 put on, balanced and insured for $600 flat. I rotate every 5k. They'll last me another 10k and I have 15k already on them. However they don't grip like the summer tires and living in CA I can get away with summer tires year round. I tried the DW extreme contacts but they only lasted 15k. Stock zeros lasted 15k and some coppers I bought lasted 15k. I'm at 60k on my 4th set. Prolly going to get the pss this next time around.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking they're worth the premium. I've been on the Continental DWS 06 while all seasons got all 4 put on, balanced and insured for $600 flat. I rotate every 5k. They'll last me another 10k and I have 15k already on them. However they don't grip like the summer tires and living in CA I can get away with summer tires year round. I tried the DW extreme contacts but they only lasted 15k. Stock zeros lasted 15k and some coppers I bought lasted 15k. I'm at 60k on my 4th set. Prolly going to get the pss this next time around.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm pretty confident I'll be able to hit 30k with these tires. My fronts should last til my next oil change in 2-3k no problem. I'll rotate them at that point, and the tires that are in the back now should last at the front until the oil change after my next change. I have a feeling I'll be at like 32-33k before I need to order new ones. I figured they'd be bald by the time they hit 25k, so I'm definitely happy with them.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Had a p2015 pop up yesterday. Getting my new intake and getting my valves cleaned. 69k miles. this is how 3 of 4 look.

Attachments

• valve 1.jpg
    valve 1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 155
  • valve 2.jpg
    valve 2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 160
  • valve 3.jpg
    valve 3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 151