GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pledge to volkswagen

Status
Not open for further replies.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
God help me - that was not my intention! :scared0016:

I just took a guess as to a reason that some people might want one so equiped.
Figured it wasn't likely for ease of use in traffic in this particular case.

No I understand. It was more of a joke. Should I have put lol at the end to signify my laughter? :)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
No I understand. It was more of a joke. Should I have put lol at the end to signify my laughter? :)

I got 'ya, but hang on...
We might spiraling into the vortex.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

sprytdi

Ready to race!
There is no course of a few gears, 60 mph is the top of 2nd gear so you only have one shift.

If you really shifted so fast, you could be pulling through 60mph in 3rd with no sacrifice in time, you would be picking up way more speed accellerating to 80-100 using the meat of third rather than the top of second, but growing up at a track you already know that, huh?
you really piss rap second just to get a 60 time, or are you the guy that raps out second and then skip shifts to sixth, to get ont the freeway?
serious question

McQueen77

Banned
wow 2 pages of useless arguing over shift times. how about, no one chooses a transmission for shift times and if you do, you have delusions of becauseracecar? you choose transmission based on preference, convenience, lack thereof, subjective feeling, etc.

guess what ricky bobby, you can't shift faster than a DSG. you just can't. "i can shift faster than that guys, I just know it. i'm suuuuuch a good driver guys. check out my shaky iphone youtube video of me shifting gears. manual FTW".

get over yourself.

you can't do it. DSG is a superior transmission in terms of straight line performance, fact. countless tests have proven that. totally consistent.. if you drop $36k on a manual only car like the R, and you are having regrets about it not having a DSG, you are a dipshit. you bought it because you wanted a stick and don't care about the .whatever seconds you are missing out on on your drive to Costco. If it bothers you that much, you should definitely get the DSG and rest assured that you've got the fasted shifting car on the street and then file that one under "who gives a shit".

VW tried to be all 'enthusiasts only' with the R and guess what, no one buys them. they sit on the lots. if they were smart, they'd bring one over with DSG. and they will.

Last edited:

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
I'm really hoping the MKVII GTD will be brought over --- if some of the rumors are true, and it gets a decent sprinkle of bits from the new(upcoming) GTI, we should be looking at
4 dr GTD
7 speed DSG
new 190hp diesel, 300+ torque and around 50 mpg.....
and hopefully a "fix" for the issue(s) with high pressure fuel system.....:thumbsup:

Shini

Go Kart Champion
VW tried to be all 'enthusiasts only' with the R and guess what, no one buys them. they sit on the lots.

True story. VW dealer here sold all their 2012 GTI's, both R's they had are still on the lot to this day IIRC.

McQueen77

Banned
I'm really hoping the MKVII GTD will be brought over --- if some of the rumors are true, and it gets a decent sprinkle of bits from the new(upcoming) GTI, we should be looking at
4 dr GTD
7 speed DSG
new 190hp diesel, 300+ torque and around 50 mpg.....
and hopefully a "fix" for the issue(s) with high pressure fuel system.....:thumbsup:

JESUS 190hp and 300+ tq diesel in a little hatch would be a beast. i would definitely look closely at that model. automakers are slowly wising up to the interest in diesel over here but its still totally trumped by hybrids.. proving most people don't care about tq or power and just want to get where they are going w/good mileage i.e. the success of the Prius. "dude the Electric TQ of the Prius is.."
no its not. its a golf cart.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
guess what ricky bobby, you can't shift faster than a DSG. you just can't. "i can shift faster than that guys, I just know it. i'm suuuuuch a good driver guys. check out my shaky iphone youtube video of me shifting gears. manual FTW".

get over yourself.

you can't do it. DSG is a superior transmission in terms of straight line performance, fact. countless tests have proven that. totally consistent.

Did you read any of the posts at all? :lol:

To reiterate for the literally challenged: DSG is faster, but no way is it a full half second per upshift faster. I'd put money on it.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
True story. VW dealer here sold all their 2012 GTI's, both R's they had are still on the lot to this day IIRC.

maybe their trying to sell at msrp and no one sees the value of the R at that price? you can't say it sits in their lots because they aren't dsg's.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
JESUS 190hp and 300+ tq diesel in a little hatch would be a beast. i would definitely look closely at that model. automakers are slowly wising up to the interest in diesel over here but its still totally trumped by hybrids.. proving most people don't care about tq or power and just want to get where they are going w/good mileage i.e. the success of the Prius. "dude the Electric TQ of the Prius is.."
no its not. its a golf cart.

x2. come hereeeee GTD....:)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
because2008alloveragainbutdifferentthistime

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
It's differently the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.