GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW X1 vs. Golf R

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
...anyone else feel like the X1 is everything the Golf R should have been? For the same price point, you can get a decent X1, turbo motor, awd, AUTO TRANS. Even if you only get the Xdrive28i, you're still in a turbo motor, 240 hp, and you can throw on one of those JB4 tunes for ~$300. the xdrive28i has an awesome trans, and is 300 lbs ligher than the xdrive35i. If I bought an R, I'd be pissed I got it knowing that the X1 is out. Lease rates look pretty nice too. So the question now is two-fold: If you own an R, do you wish you had the option of the x1.... Or, if you were considering an R, are you now looking at the X1, I know I am, I've pretty much crossed off the R at this point, and maybe it partially has to do with liking change, and goingfrom a gti to an r is too similar. But I'm very excited about the X1. With a stage 1 tune, you are at 4.9 0-60, and a 13.4 quarter mile on the xdrive28i

P

plac

yup. thats one on the list for me next. but i'd have to go xdrive35i myself. one review did say the 4 cyl felt more fun to drive, and more tossable in corners tho..

lemarin

Ready to race!
X1=compact SUV
R=compact car

Other that a turbo engine and AWD system, I don't see any similarities between those two vehicles....

Just try making laping with an X1 !

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
m0ar power and an AWD system with torque vectoring.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The x1 is more like a slightly lifted hatch than a SUV. Significantly lower than other compact SUVs on the market. 99.9% will never lap their vehicle but if you did, the x1 would perform quite well actually.

It is on my short list for replacing my GTI when the time comes.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
as long as the x1 comes with a manual in the US market then id go for it. i did drove an
x3 xdrive35i and the performance feels like a f10 535i even though the x3 doesnt have the steptronic transmission like the f10 has.

TPsycho

Personally, I'm not crazy about the image of BMW and would never drive one, so no regrets at all.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
as long as the x1 comes with a manual in the US market then id go for it. i did drove an
x3 xdrive35i and the performance feels like a f10 535i even though the x3 doesnt have the steptronic transmission like the f10 has.
word. a manual would be so much fun with that kind of engine.

CW GTi1

Ready to race!
Never would consider it really, but the free maintenance is awesome.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The x1 is a female car.

I'm comfortable with my sexuality so no worries.

I'm also currently in Mumbai and it's a very popular choice, surprisingly. They look out of place among the rickshaws and taxi's but still real sharp. I'm going to have to test drive one once I'm back.

P

plac

I just want something a tiny bit bigger for my next car, unless I go all out with the Wrangler. The X1 would cost a lot more.. But the 6-turbo with JB4 and AWD would be insane on the X1. But the real reason you would buy it is the BMW driving experience. Only people that have owned one understand.