GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pic request! H&R Sport or VWR springs

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Here's some pics I have taken, car is sitting on H&R Sport springs... Hope this helps.

ARMY21

Passed Driver's Ed
Originally 26.5 at all 4 corners. Installed this kit HR-Sport-Springs-VW-MK6-Golf-R-CM. Just shy of 1 inch lower. Great ride continued comfort and no added noise a bit stiffer on bumps.

quickit

Ready to race!
Since it was going to be another month or so until APR would have VWR springs back in stock, I went ahead and purchased the H&R. Will be installing them this weekend ;)

I'm sure they will be just as high quality and the ride will be good.

Legbuh

Are either springs a DIY install? If not what would one expect to pay for install from and Indy shop?

Evo_s4

Ready to race!
I will be doing the H&R come summer time then upgrade to the VWR coilovers in a year or 2 depending on how the shock hold up

ARMY21

Passed Driver's Ed
Are either springs a DIY install? If not what would one expect to pay for install from and Indy shop?
There are some specific steps to follow. It can be a DIY if you have the knowledge with struts etc. only special tools needed are a spreader tool for the lower part of the strut housing and spring compressors, takes about 2 -3 hours. I think people are paying about 400 for a shop to do it.

Last edited:

ARMY21

Passed Driver's Ed
H&R looks good, how to do they ride? Im worried about stock strut lifespam with those. From what Ive read only VWR and DG springs will not dramatically reduce the strut lifetime.

The H&R springs for my Golf R gave me the same drop as the DG springs on my GTI, so I dont see compression of the strut being an issue one one vs. the other.

Ride is great on the R.

dajiggalo

Passed Driver's Ed
Golf R on H&R sports and Koni yellow struts

I've attached a pic of my R on the H&R sports... these were taken right after installation. As you can see, the drop is actually a hair bit more than .75" (closer to 1" if anything). The drop in the rear is slightly more than the front (judging from the wheel gap). The ride is stiffer than stock, but overall excellent (note: I also have Koni yellow struts installed).

Attachments

• 7698663930_f92373c16a_c.jpg
    7698663930_f92373c16a_c.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 1,420

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
I originally ordered a set of VWR springs but the backorder was taking too long, so I canceled those and bought a set of H&R's. They're scheduled for install on 2-27, I'll take a few pictures after they're installed.

Rcraig84

Ready to race!
I originally ordered a set of VWR springs but the backorder was taking too long, so I canceled those and bought a set of H&R's. They're scheduled for install on 2-27, I'll take a few pictures after they're installed.

Did you order struts also?

lamb110

Go Kart Champion