GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

10K service today

legandrex

Ready to race!
Should have done it myself...paying $50 for filter and oil would be worth not having my steering wheel scratched today. Leather surface is damaged. I have had it one year and have kept it basically perfect and it spends one hour at dealer and this happens. Hope it has oil in it....:(

Attachments

• scratchedwheel.jpg
    scratchedwheel.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 573

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
your unhappy? take it back to dealer. their job is to make the customer happy, and they are not doing it. follow up with vw if you get any problems.

Test Driver

Screwed that previous posting up and I hit send. I'd bring it back to the VW dealership so they can replace the steering wheel. I'm pretty sure they would not want you to call Volkswagen customer service and complain. Be a squeaky wheel, complain very loudly and It will get fixed.

legandrex

Ready to race!
I emailed the picture to them with a quick note with my frustrations. I will see how they respond and go from there.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Glad everything is worked out!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow... good service from dealer.

mrghost

Passed Driver's Ed
I did this to the bottom of my wheel with a rivet on a pair of jeans. Needless to say, I destroyed the jeans out of anger, and over time the scratch has dissolved into the leather. In this situation though, I'd definitely bring it up with your dealer.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
isn't the 10K service free?

legandrex

Ready to race!
He was saying he should have paid $50 for the supplies rather than having them do it and scratch the wheel.

Kudos to your dealer for owning up to it.

But now they are saying standard(no buttons)wheel is not to be had in the near future...not sure if that means there are none in the US or if VW doesn't have any available period. I told them to keep it on order and if it is several weeks from now so be it. We'll see.

legandrex

Ready to race!
New wheel was installed today...took about 45 minutes. Nothing else ruined while there...bonus!