GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$1000 budget for tires

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
I got the v12's recently. As others have said, they're comfy on the streets but do feel squishy from the soft sidewalls. Can't complain too much though considering the low cost and rebate. Could practically buy two sets of them compared to the cost of some other options.

DarkCloak

Banned
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/bfgoodrich-g-force-t-a-kdw-page-7

not the best review of them^. I've ran them on my C6, they are decent tho.

You can buy RS3's for not much more than that, however.

But those are not really comparable though due to the difference in treadwear rating. You really can only compare three types of high performance tires:
1. DOT legal pseudo-slicks
2. All out summer grip (wear rating below 200)
3. Summer performance with a more enduro type Compound (treadwear rating >200)

You really can't compare cross-genre

JhnR

Banned
Those BF's are sooo loud..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
But those are not really comparable though due to the difference in treadwear rating. You really can only compare three types of high performance tires:
1. DOT legal pseudo-slicks
2. All out summer grip (wear rating below 200)
3. Summer performance with a more enduro type Compound (treadwear rating >200)

You really can't compare cross-genre

right, you should tell C&D that tho, not me, lol...

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
I got the v12's recently. As others have said, they're comfy on the streets but do feel squishy from the soft sidewalls. Can't complain too much though considering the low cost and rebate. Could practically buy two sets of them compared to the cost of some other options.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Raining in kc today and having some traction issues with my new V2 tires with moderate acceleration. Kind of a bummer but braking is good in the wet.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Continental DW. For more wet traction, Conti DWS. These probably are right around the 1k range installed.

Agreed! 100% I went with the Continental DWS and they excellent in the wet and dry. Discount tire did the full package along with tire replacement for just under $800.00. Of course this was done on the 18" wheel, an inch up may just come in under your budget. I highly recommend them for value and performance.

GTI7871

Banned

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
There is never enough Bruce Boxleitner on the interwebs