GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 R Pricing...what to expect

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, are you still trying to get one?

I am a bit on the fence about it... Because I'd be getting a golf for 2x the money my golf is worth now. Seems like a stretch...

I was ready to buy one a few months ago but I think i'll be looking for something different now. I couldn't get the price I wanted before.

blueste

Ready to race!
Got a fully loaded 2013 4dr R for $32,700 +TTL this week.

That's a great deal!! I just started getting first round internet pricing today. For fully loaded 2013 4 door $35,452. MSRP is $37,155 and they claim invoice is $35,652.

Did you have to do a lot of negotiating to get that #?

Thanks,

Blue

Last edited:

HDClown

Ready to race!
I talked to two dealers, only one of them has 2013's right now, base models:

2013 2 Dr base - 34785 MSRP, 33622 invoice, 32900 sale price (722 under invoice)
2013 4 Dr base - 36655 MSRP, 34198 invoice, 33212 sale price (986 under invoice)

These were prices with zero negotiation, I just sent an e-mail and ask for the price and that I wasn't paying MSRP. Not sure if they will give an even better deal or not in person, I'm thinking maybe a few hundred extra off.

Another dealer has two identical 2012 modes, this is the price they gave me via e-mail, no negotiation

2012 2 Dr base - 34760 MSRP, 33401 invoice, 33401 sale price (at invoice)
- They will sell for 32401 if the buyer does NOT use the 0% for 66 months financing currently available from VWFS. They told me that if the 0% isn't taken, VW providers dealer cash. I told them I was getting better deals on 2013 but they have moved on price, but again, it's e-mail negotiation only, not in person. Given that these are 2012's with 100 and 138 miles on them, I think this price is too high. 32400 with the 0% financing wouldn't be bad I guess, but i think more like 31500.

These are prices in central FL. CA seems to be getting the best deals in the country.

jda

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a great deal!! I just started getting first round internet pricing today. For fully loaded 2013 4 door $35,452. MSRP is $37,155 and they claim invoice is $35,652. I can't figure out how MSRP is that #, can't arrive at that total on vw build site. Haven't been on their lot to look at sticker yet. Only option is First Aid.

Did you have to do a lot of negotiating to get that #?

Thanks,

Blue

No I didn't have to do a lot of negotiating, basically about 2hr worth of emails on and off. I was aiming for 5k off msrp because that's what they had up in NorCal back in Dec on all 2012s. I fired off bunch of emails on Jan 30th to the local dealers and i was getting quotes between 33.8k to 34.2k on 2013 4dr loaded. I know anything more than 4k off MSRP is good enough for me, so I started asking all the dealers if they are willing to do it for 33k + ttl and one dealer bit. I took that offer to another dealer on Jan 31st and they needed to sell 14 cars to meet their monthly quota and agreed to sell me one at 32.7k. They didn't have good financing available so I secured my own financing from PenFed at 1.49% APR.

Where are you located?

Last edited:

blueste

Ready to race!
No I didn't have to do a lot of negotiating, basically about 2hr worth of emails on and off. I was aiming for 5k off msrp because that's what they had up in NorCal back in Dec on all 2012s. I fired off bunch of emails on Jan 30th to the local dealers and i was getting quotes between 33.8k to 34.2k on 2013 4dr loaded. I know anything more than 4k off MSRP is good enough for me, so I started asking all the dealers if they are willing to do it for 33k + ttl and one dealer bite. I took that offer to another dealer on Jan 31st and they need to sell 14 cars to meet their monthly quota and agreed to sell me one at 32.7k. They didn't have good financing available so I secured my own financing from PenFed at 1.49% APR.

Where are you located?

Awesome job! I'm in SW Ohio. Since I just started, not sure how willing they will be to move on the numbers. Time will tell, if I pursue. I'm sure they will if I start playing them against each other. The quote I got was one of the only dealers in the area with Rising Blue which is probably my 1st pick. Quite a few have Black and Gray, which typically I'm a black car guy, so I could roll with either. Our local credit unions are around 1.9%. I think, regionally, VW is offering 2.99%.

I'm tempted to switch to the base for the better price, but I really want the Dynaudio system. They make phenomenal speakers!

Thanks for the insight.

Blue

jda

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome job! I'm in SW Ohio. Since I just started, not sure how willing they will be to move on the numbers. Time will tell, if I pursue. I'm sure they will if I start playing them against each other. The quote I got was one of the only dealers in the area with Rising Blue which is probably my 1st pick. Quite a few have Black and Gray, which typically I'm a black car guy, so I could roll with either. Our local credit unions are around 1.9%. I think, regionally, VW is offering 2.99%.

I'm tempted to switch to the base for the better price, but I really want the Dynaudio system. They make phenomenal speakers!

Thanks for the insight.

Blue

I don't know what the inventory is like in SW Ohio but here in SoCal dealers are pretty willing to trade cars with each other and the dealer I went to didn't even have the color i wanted and they were able to trade for one from another dealer that's about 50 miles away.

Also, check out https://www.penfed.org/, they offer 1.49% up to 72 months. To become a member all you need to do is make a one time donation of $15 to Voice of America.

Good luck with your car shopping.

Cad_:R

Man, you guys south of the border are lucky. You seem to have your pick of litter and getting deals under invoice. With so few R's available in Canada there's no room to negotiate even if you could still find one. If I had to guess they are all spoken for across the country.

Me just being pissy because I missed the boat. Congrats to all of you that are still able to find an R and be able to negotiate. I'm living vicariously through all of you!

blueste

Ready to race!
Man, you guys south of the border are lucky. You seem to have your pick of litter and getting deals under invoice. With so few R's available in Canada there's no room to negotiate even if you could still find one. If I had to guess they are all spoken for across the country.

Me just being pissy because I missed the boat. Congrats to all of you that are still able to find an R and be able to negotiate. I'm living vicariously through all of you!

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain about the "lack of deals" here vs. California. Sounds like it could be worse. Hopefully, you'll be able to jump on the next R that comes around.

Blue

ashok77

Don't worry about it. Like I said if I could I would but I can't. If VW allowed the warrenty transfer I would be in southern Cali in no time.

I'm actually glad to here you guys are able to get deals despite the low production run. Gives me some small hope.

I'm expecting to pay full msrp burning just can't find one. Woe is me. Enough of my crying. Get out there and take nothing less than invoice! Good luck to you

neb

There are still some 2013 left in Ontario. I was able to pick one up, with discount, you just have to call around and negotiate. But yes, we get to pay alot more for it than south of the border.