GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 R Pricing...what to expect

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
We just got ours at carmax...its a 2013 with 2755 miles on it, its a two door Carbon Grey with sunroof, Nav, push start, and Dynaudio...we have been dealing with the VW dealers and the best we could do was 32k on a 2013 and 30k for the 2012. The 12 was a base with conv package...I think we did pretty good, Carmax price.....$30,988...

$30k for a new 2012??? Then you bought used...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the new one was a base package vs premium/fully loaded with only 2,755 miles and a model year newer ... sounds like a no brainer to me :iono:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
We just got ours at carmax...its a 2013 with 2755 miles on it, its a two door Carbon Grey with sunroof, Nav, push start, and Dynaudio...we have been dealing with the VW dealers and the best we could do was 32k on a 2013 and 30k for the 2012. The 12 was a base with conv package...I think we did pretty good, Carmax price.....$30,988...

I don't get why you would pay more for a used car than a new car?! And even if you wanted a 2013 1k is small price to pay to know you got it new... vs someone driving it for 3k miles.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
its still under warranty. its fully loaded. imho, he made the right choice and saved some good cash.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I don't get why you would pay more for a used car than a new car?! And even if you wanted a 2013 1k is small price to pay to know you got it new... vs someone driving it for 3k miles.

For 988 bucks he got a model year newer car, with KESSY, dynaudio, sunroof, etc - that's a lot of bang for your buck... with under 3k miles on it.. again, a no brainer imho.

Herbie2299

Ready to race!
For 988 bucks he got a model year newer car, with KESSY, dynaudio, sunroof, etc - that's a lot of bang for your buck... with under 3k miles on it.. again, a no brainer imho.

thanx, I thought we did pretty good too, been looking for about two months now, it was by accident we found this one, and to top it off, they are shipping it from Miami to Atlanta and waved the transfer fee...again score!

Herbie2299

Ready to race!
not a scratch on it...

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 170
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 157
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 471
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 478

ryangolfrpower

Ready to race!
Just bought my R brand new... 2013 fully loaded nav and sunroof... Mats and first aid kit..l 500 below invoice :) 4 hours of negotiating...

Last edited:

wavygravy

Passed Driver's Ed
good job herbie! i would have have jumped on that same deal if i were in your shoes. i dont care much bout nav but after driving a panoramic roof on my last ride (tiguan). sunroof is a must for me. kessy and dynaudio is a sweet bonus! bought my r from livingston vw from the link above. that r in the link is their last one. dealt with alvin. real cool dude.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just bought my R brand new... 2013 fully loaded nav and sunroof... Mats and first aid kit..l 500 below invoice :) 4 hours of negotiating...

what was the invoice and who told you it was/what the invoice is?

razorlab

Passed Driver's Ed

What was the price before TTL?

Here in Northern California you can get 4dr with sunroof and nav, fully loaded, first ad, R mats, and Destination for $33,788 no problem. Invoice being $35,652. So $1864 under invoice.

Took me one email and a trip to the dealer I picked from five.

Congrats on the car though. :)