GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 R Pricing...what to expect

GolfVIDriver

Passed Driver's Ed
2013 R 2 door, Rising Blue with SR and Nav package.

$200 under invoice, plus $500 positive equity from my 2012 GTI trade, plus $1300 in VCI one-time bonus cash.

I think I did well.

HDClown

Ready to race!
2013 R 2 door, Rising Blue with SR and Nav package.

$200 under invoice, plus $500 positive equity from my 2012 GTI trade, plus $1300 in VCI one-time bonus cash.

I think I did well.

When did you do that deal? I can't find anything about any bonus cash for 2013 Golf R's that is an active national promotion from VW.

Cad_:R

There are still some 2013 left in Ontario. I was able to pick one up, with discount, you just have to call around and negotiate. But yes, we get to pay alot more for it than south of the border.

Thanks Neb! I'll have to poke around a little more then. I'm out in Alberta so we'll see what I can swing. Getting it out here might eat up any discount but I'd be happy to get my hands on one. Cheers!

GolfVIDriver

Passed Driver's Ed
When did you do that deal? I can't find anything about any bonus cash for 2013 Golf R's that is an active national promotion from VW.

THat's because it's not a national promotion.

I was getting service done to my 2012 GTI on January 30th. The sales manager talked to me since it was the second car I bought from them in as many years. He asked me if I wanted to trade up to an R, and I shot him a lease payment (having known the numbers in advance) that I knew was unworkable but represented the number that the R was worth to me to upgrade.

He called the regional VW rep and made it happen.

In short: It was a lucky break. I don't think its reproducable.

jda

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got an email from Capitol Volkswagen in the Bay area offering 3,700 off MSRP on all Sunroof and Nav Golf R.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Just got an email from Capitol Volkswagen in the Bay area offering 3,700 off MSRP on all Sunroof and Nav Golf R.

Yeah, that's about the deal I got on mine from them last week in a no-hassle deal. I got a $37,155 MSRP R for $33,400.

Great guys over there, IMO.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Why aren't they selling like hotcakes out west? Gas prices?

:: holding back comments about similarities to 2008 and having a hard time substantiating buyers when comparing to faster cars for the same money :::

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
:: holding back comments about similarities to 2008 and having a hard time substantiating buyers when comparing to faster cars for the same money :::

Well, I could have got a mustang gt track package for a few extra grand, but I'd have to start calling everyone "brah" and regrow my 80's mullet.

;)

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Why aren't they selling like hotcakes out west? Gas prices?

They are moving, many I looked at sold in a day or three. However many dealers still have 7-9 available. I'd guess that's more allocation than some dealers got all year.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Big old black guy says the R is too damned high!
:)

lol.. DEDONG.

Well, I could have got a mustang gt track package for a few extra grand, but I'd have to start calling everyone "brah" and regrow my 80's mullet.

;)

TRUE...

"THE VOLKSWAGEN R... POWERED BY ITS SUPERIOR INTERIOR."

and its subtle euro look ;)

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
so im bringing in the TDI for its 30k service within the next week. im going to talk to the salesman that sold me the TDI and see if he can get me into something faster than the TDI. but i will only go for it if i can keep my same monthly payment. will not go $1 higher. i guess we'll see.