GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new stereo and then problems

ianblake91

Passed Driver's Ed
So I get an Amp and subs installed to my stock radio and then I get an airbag light, cel, and my headlights are now on all the time when the key is in the ignition.I can change the switch to on and off and they stay on plus now my fog lights do not work :/ Any ideas why? The only thing I have done to the car is ecu Apr stage 1 :iono:

Calvintran

Ready to race!
check your fuse? thats weird that the headlight stays on.. where did you hook up all your power wires and all that..

power for amp?
turn-on lead wire?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Wow....did you install it yourself or had someone do it? All the issues you stated are irrelevant to the amp install. You left out the LOC. Double check the work before other issues pop up.

ianblake91

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a shop install it and they just told.me it.could.take a week for your airbag light to go away. It didn't really make sense to me. I did find out that my headlights are in safe mode or something like that to where when a fuse blows or the light switch malfunctions the headlights will come on automatically til the problem is foxed. I'm picking up a fuse tester today to fond the problem. Any idea what fuse it might be?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That's not normal, raise hell with the shop. They fucked something up...

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
Doesn't sound right at all. Maybe there's a short somewhere or something is blown. I didn't have any issues at all when installing my sub.

ianblake91

Passed Driver's Ed
so i bought a fuse tester found out my right headlight and left headlight fuses were blown replaced them and it fixed the headlight problem. the cel was for the headlights but i still have an airbag light i cant get to go away. any ideas?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
My guess is they tapped onto the wrong wire somewhere and that they didn't remove the battery during the install. I can't stand crappy car audio shops.

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
VCDS Is going to be your best bet, it will pinpoint the problem.

IF they unplugged any of the ABS wires while the battery was they suck bad, If they forgot to plug one back in after following the correct steps then accidents happen.

Ether way they need to fix it or they need to pay to have the dealer reset the light if they can't.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Don't worry too much about the airbag light. If the shop simply removed one of the seats with either the battery still hooked or they turned the car on with the seat removed (and therefore the seat's harness was not plugged in) it'll set off the airbag light. It will NOT go away by itself, though. You have to clear the fault code. Either get the shop to do it or use Vag-Com - assuming that the seat was, in fact, removed.

If seats were not removed at any point than you better do as suggested and raise hell to get the audio place to fix their f**k-up.

I mean, having any fuse blown during a simple amp install is insane. That shop must be absolute garbage. I ripped my whole interior apart, installed multiple devices, etc, and I didn't have a single problem besides the airbag light (from removing the seat and then turning on the car), which I cleared with my Vag-Com.

ianblake91

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't believe the seat was removed. The amp is installed on the back of the box in the trunk.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
My wild guess......they tapped onto a "ACC 12VDC" source to turn on the amp. Have those idiots resolve this problem yet?

ianblake91

Passed Driver's Ed
okay so problem is solved no more lights on the dash. they paid to have the light erased by the dealership