GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Albuquerque, NM owners?

phils12gti

Hey all! I'm new to the ABQ area. Wanted to know if there is any owners on here that meet up. I saw a couple MKVI's in the auto show parking lot today. Mines a CW GTI with blacked grille and emblems.

thanks
-Phil

jthorst75

Passed Driver's Ed
What up! I'll keep an eye out on this thread. Maybe there is more of us. How was the show? I had to work, so I missed out.

phils12gti

hey man! Show was cheesy. It was mostly local dealer cars.. but I guess I'm too used to the Chicago one. plus no MK7. :( The VW guy said it was too small of a show for it.

jthorst75

Passed Driver's Ed
I went to it in 2011 when I first got here. I just got back from Germany where I went to the Frankfurt Auto show.....no comparison, not even close.

phils12gti

Yeah that must be a huge show. This morning a black MkV GTI parked next to me at Costco ;)

phils12gti

The one on eagle ranch road near cottonwood mall. I live north west of there on the border of rio rancho

phils12gti

Ok just now I saw 3 mkvi GTIs @ Carlisle and candelaria... Someone's got to be online..

Austkilgore

Hey Phil, I might have seen you a few times. I'm also on the edge of rio off McMahon and Unser. I'm in stock dark grey mk6 with a few stickers on the back.

phils12gti

^ yeah I might have. We live blocks from each other!

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
Another ABQ guy checking in. Driving up to Colorado Springs Sunday for APR stage 1 tune on Monday morning. '12 CSG with LED DRLs.

jthorst75

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome! Is that the closest to do an APR tune?

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
Yes, unless you pull the ecu yourself and mail it to APR. I know there is at least one guy in Albuquerque who has done it.

jthorst75

Passed Driver's Ed
GOT MY NEW PLATE IN