GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Albuquerque, NM owners?

Austkilgore

Anyone in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho with vag-com? Just installed some LED tails and would like to get rid of the bulb out error.

ErroneousRex

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey NM dubbers. I'm stationed in Alamogordo but I'm in ABQ for a week and wanted to see if anyone was interested in meeting up. Maybe do some vagcom, talk about good places to get work done, go for a drive, etc. Hit me up let's get something going.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

thefinn88

Hey Guys,
I live up in Taos If any of you guys are driving up through there look out for a Shadow Blue 4dr Autobahn! Thats me:) I also spend a lot of time in Santa Fe and ABQ. Ill be heading up to Colorado Springs sooner than later for APR stage 2 and a Turboback exhaust! Its nice to know that there are some other MKVI's out there!:thumbup:

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I just purchased a 2011 GTI, and was hoping to find a more active bunch on here, but it seems they're not too popular here in ABQ.

I've been trying to learn as much as I can about the cars by reading online and such. I used to have an LS1 camaro that had bolt ons. So, I'm used to quite a bit more power than the GTI. Not to say the GTI is slow, I love the car.

Which brings me to my question, I know the're underrated (much like the LS1), but it feels like much more than 200hp to me. Is there anyone with a stock or stage 1 car that could compare cars with me? There's no obvious modifications like an cold air intake or exhaust, aside from the wheels. So I'm thinking it would just be a tune. Or does anyone have a way to see the boost from the ECU?

I'd go to the drag strip, but it wasn't open this weekend. I plan on ordering one of those bluetooth dongles for the OBD port, but it'll be a while before I'll actually receive it.

Edit: not that anyone seems to care, but confirmed with boost reading from the computer and some runs at the strip (there was even a stage 1+ CC to compare to) I've confirmed the car has a tune. I would be interested in knowing whose tune it is, but i don't know if there's a way I can find out.

Last edited: