GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - ECS 6-Speed Clutch Bleeder Block

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Nice, i will chat about this tomorrow with you!

Curious tho, would you say this feels better with your SB drop in disc? or will i feel any significant change with my stock clutch?

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
Any further impressions of this? Mine comes in the mail today.

Neuropathy

Not to derail Hyde16 review however I ended up purchasing it because of this and I thought I would add a little more info to hopefully help others out. I was really torn after reading some of the mkv reviews on vortex so I felt it important to give my experience

Install: Everything went fairly smoothly and it wasnt difficult to install at all, all in all it took about 45 mins. Most of that time was trying to get the damn booster to click into place. I do not know what I was doing but for some reason I couldnt get it to snap into to place and hold, it would snap but with a little tension it would pull out on both sides. I tried for a while and then out of no where it just popped in with no effort at all, I have no idea what I changed or if all 8 planets aligned at that time and it popped in no problem. Bleeding was cake and I had no issues with the one way valve and didnt need locktight or teflon tape.

Impression: I hated the clutch pedal feel from the day I bought the car, the first 1/4 throw was garbage and then the rest just didnt feel right. While I have only put 20 miles on it, I love it the pedal is stiffer all the way through and the engagement is clear and feels perfect. I dont think the pedal takes any more effort it just feels solid all the way through. I wont comment on the lag after shifts because I havent got on it yet however I feel that I am in more control of each shifts and with the DG short shifter I couldnt be happier for 55 dollars. Right now I am a broke medical student and mods are few and far between, given that I can only get something for my car about once a blue moon I would buy this again in a heart beat.

If any one is on the fence feel free to pm me to see if my mind changes as I drive it more

jerome99

Go Kart Champion
I got a dud. did not fit correctly. no amount of work would get the trans side line in to fit correctly. called ECS they said keep trying lol. even risked using a 1lb dead blow hammer. it slides in without the o'ring though. purchased new orings and put the stocker back in.

Neuropathy

Same problem I had, you are far ballsier than I for bringing out the dead blow. Seeing as they are cnc and the tolerance are computer driven it would be tough for it to be a dud unless it needed to be retooled, I am trying to think what I did to make it pop on but when it went on it was like butter and required no effort. If you still got it and want another go before shipping it off try rotating the block 45 degrees toward the front of the car and put the trans side on and use the clutch line to push it while wiggling it up (toward the sky) and down (ground). If you still have it and want another shot I can try and take it off to figure out what magic got it to slip in place

elcroato1

Passed Driver's Ed
I too had trouble putting the hydraulic line on. It took a lot of pressure before it popped into place. The one way valve wasn't working either. When I pumped the clutch with the bleeder open air would enter the system. I'm still satisfied with it though. It is a good solid construction and when I bleed it I'm not afraid that it will break, unlike the OEM part.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Quick note to those bleeding their clutches - the clutch master cylinder feeds from the very top of the brake fluid reservoir. If you have fluid in the filler neck of the brake fluid reservoir you're good.

Spent a couple hours filling my clutch fluid system with air before I was told that. 15 minutes and consistently topping off the brake fluid reservoir and I was done :thumbsup:

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
I too had trouble putting the hydraulic line on. It took a lot of pressure before it popped into place. The one way valve wasn't working either. When I pumped the clutch with the bleeder open air would enter the system. I'm still satisfied with it though. It is a good solid construction and when I bleed it I'm not afraid that it will break, unlike the OEM part.

i thought the bleeder valve wasn't working either but it's actually an issue with how our clutch line is filled.

our master cylinder has 2 sections (front:brakes and back:clutch). only time the clutch line gets fluid is when you over flow the front for the brakes and it that extra fluid goes to the back. you can maybe get like 2-3 pumps out of your clutch then you need to fill it all the way up again. it's a real PITA but thats just the way it is.

once i realized that, it was working great.

Last edited: