GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI has arrived!!

Powling

Ready to race!
Orange reflector is a FMVSS mandated requirement for all NA vehicles. There's no way of getting around it.

True, but with the clear slide markers you still get the orange bulb shining through, no?

I colour matched mine ages ago and haven't had a word said to me about it from any police or officials.

I've always wondered why they are mandatory too. I don't see the purpose of them at all really.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
True, but with the clear slide markers you still get the orange bulb shining through, no?

I colour matched mine ages ago and haven't had a word said to me about it from any police or officials.

I've always wondered why they are mandatory too. I don't see the purpose of them at all really.

Its an effective side marker area that must be visible even when the turn signal is not on. IE: Orange side markers on the bumper instead of the MKV Light.

Most OEMs put it in the light, others make a side marker.

EDIT: Its not "illegal". Its government mandate that OEMs must meet. What is enforced is up to the officials.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Now that we expressed that we don't like the next gen like every car enthusiast ever.

Can we quantify how many inches the 3rd pedal really adds to one's private parts?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I take a 3 week vacation. Come back to the forum and people are still dissing MK7 red stripes, reflectors and automatics. I see I haven't missed much.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Now that we expressed that we don't like the next gen like every car enthusiast ever.

Can we quantify how many inches the 3rd pedal really adds to one's private parts?

I'd rather discuss weight savings of this model :p

JhnR

Banned
what do you know, when the mk6 came out the same trolling effect happened.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
As i went for my 30k service, sales guy told me theyre gonna have a demo test drive on mk7 cars both dsg n manual, cant wait

Powling

Ready to race!
But I think the real issue is why we didn't get more colours...or the GTD...or if the R will come as both 3 and 5 door options...or how the NA models have the black fins on the rear window...or if the PP will be available...or if people are going to wait for the MK8...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artysta

Ready to race!
I just saw a red one in person last night. The pictures do not do it justice. On the exterior its a huge improvement over the mk6. Much more aggressive, lower and wider. The back-end along with the tails also look really good in person. Overall I was very impressed- its definitely an evolution over the much more rounded shape of the mk6. The interior on the other hand is on par with the mk6.

STING

Ready to race!
But I think the real issue is why we didn't get more colours...or the GTD...or if the R will come as both 3 and 5 door options...or how the NA models have the black fins on the rear window...or if the PP will be available...or if people are going to wait for the MK8...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTD is great :D
Over all the MK7 is a decent leap forward over the MK6.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd rather discuss weight savings of this model :p

:laugh:

I was skeptical from day one... Fancy new platform and all. The annoying part is I think VW itself released those fake #s and they were all over vortex.

Not going to dig through and find them.

This car is certainly growing on me, it looks great. But to everyone else it still looks like a "golf". A mk7 and mk6 are REALLY similar looking... more so than mk5/6 and the other gens.

This has been a really MILD redesign compared to the other 5. I'd venture out and say that this has been the laziest redesign of them all or damn close to it. (When it comes to the exterior)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It is quite anonymous on the roads. Seeing plenty of them well embedded on the streets in Asia and Europe, you really have to know what you're looking for/at to tell its a MK7. There is nothing really remarkable about the design which to me is fine. If you feel the need to stand out and be noticed, then its not the car for you.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It is quite anonymous on the roads. Seeing plenty of them well embedded on the streets in Asia and Europe, you really have to know what you're looking for/at to tell its a MK7. There is nothing really remarkable about the design which to me is fine. If you feel the need to stand out and be noticed, then its not the car for you.

Well that makes perfect sense it is after all the car that replaced the "peoples car" for VW. It will be pretty much an appliance that blends in.