GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI has arrived!!

Artysta

Ready to race!
I actually prefer the fact that it looks much more conservative. You'd never catch me driving a speed3, wrx or an st - they're all way too garish for my taste. The GTI is the perfect blend of sportiness, practicality and luxury for a car in this price range. Even if you look at the mk7 golf R, a non-enthusiast would probably never notice the difference between that and the gti or even the regular golf. Bottom line is, if it ain't broken don't fix it - just look at the 911.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
I take a 3 week vacation. Come back to the forum and people are still dissing MK7 red stripes, reflectors and automatics. I see I haven't missed much.

:word:

:laugh:
This has been a really MILD redesign compared to the other 5. I'd venture out and say that this has been the laziest redesign of them all or damn close to it. (When it comes to the exterior)

It is quite anonymous on the roads. If you feel the need to stand out and be noticed, then its not the car for you.

Agreed. What I'm interested in is:

1. The Mechanicals. What does the PP deliver in the real world?

2. Tuneability. Will APR really deliver a 300hp Stage 1 tune? That and an LSD....is big news to me. And not cracking open the ECU.

3. The R Version. Do want.

I cannot emphasize how much facepalming I am doing to these almost miniscule style difference comments. Red Stripes in the headlight! UGLY! Yeah, because red stripes in the GRILLE.....now that's Pininfarina shit right there.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I actually prefer the fact that it looks much more conservative. You'd never catch me driving a speed3, wrx or an st - they're all way too garish for my taste. The GTI is the perfect blend of sportiness, practicality and luxury for a car in this price range. Even if you look at the mk7 golf R, a non-enthusiast would probably never notice the difference between that and the gti or even the regular golf. Bottom line is, if it ain't broken don't fix it - just look at the 911.

Agreed. I like a conservative ride.

Where to?

Paris, Venice, Sorrento, Rome, Florence.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I dig the 7. This thread is entertaining. More than OT now.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Having the reflector in the housing keeps it a bit more subtle instead of it being out there all on its own, so it's not bothering me as much as I thought it would.

Not a big fan of the red stripe in the housing, but I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually. Not to mention I'm getting an R this time around, so I really don't care either way.

The roof looks strange in person. The way the black surround ends half-way just looks off. The should've done the entire roof. Would've looked sick. At least now, people will only have to wrap half their roofs I guess.

The rear of the car actually looks better in person I find. Wider, lower, and a touch more aggression keeps it looking pretty clean.

Do not like the wheels, but it's not very often I like any stock wheels, so no major surprise there.

Overall I found I didn't really think much of the mk6 until I saw it in person. The same is true of the mk7.

Last edited:

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Why the red stripe in the headlight! Why? VW!

One model of the gti, doesn't have the red stripe in its headlight. Its part of one of the packages.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
One model of the gti, doesn't have the red stripe in its headlight. Its part of one of the packages.

Source? Pics?

Powling

Ready to race!
Isn't that only if you get the halogens? I thought all xenons on the GTI come with the stripe.

JhnR

Banned
What? i thought the red stripe comes with all the GTIs (xenons)