GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$3.7 billion requested to help illegal immigrants...

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I don't have much to say other than I'm completely and utterly disgusted that our leaders are even considering this with our insane deficit. I've officially lost all faith in our gov. What will it take for the populous to say enough is enough?! We cannot pay for our own poor..,now we need to import some more?! We cannot even fully fund our public schools. Yes I know we are all immigrants...but at some point this welfare state is unsustainable.

Your thoughts.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
+1 on article.

Many more billions going to foreign aid and the industrial war machine, btw....

Merkle

Banned
I don't have much to say other than I'm completely and utterly disgusted that our leaders are even considering this with our insane deficit. I've officially lost all faith in our gov.

YEAH!

Let them die!

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Why don't we cook and feed them to those on food stamps? That would kill two birds with one stone.

Wise man once said.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Listen to your local news. Get on msn. Always deflecting G.
Yes many problems...adding more? Seems like a super idea :)

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
If we kill, cook and use these children to feed the poor people already in the US living on food stamps, it could be a boon for the economy.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
+1 on article.

Many more billions going to foreign aid and the industrial war machine, btw....

I would support less foreign aid and new helicopters until we get our finances in order. We could can the F35 program before we blow more billions too.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Lots of ways to decrease spending for sure... I still don't see how central Americas children are our problem though. I know, I'm heartless...

We are powerless to do anything though. We in the middle class are probably looking at a 40% tax rate in our lifetimes. There's just no way to avoid it as cutting welfare/assistance programs would turn this country into a war zone.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Okay, this topic's title is very misleading. If you read the CNN article above, it shows how the money is being distributed, and seems as if it is going to help prevent illegal immigrants, and help the legal immigration process. The only money I see which is going to illegal immigrants, is for caring for children who were brought here illegally. Though I disagree with that as well, and they should be sent back, as much as it sucks.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Safety net programs only take about 12% of the national budget.

Old people are the problem. Social Security, Medicare...etc