GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Civic Type R 2015

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
No Comment.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Euro Honda has great marketing videos. I wish American Honda could recruit those guys. I love the idea and concept behind this video. I've always been a sucker for interactive vids.

I watched the initial video, then held the R button the whole time, then watched it again flipping between the two. The timing and sync is perfect.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Thx Mr. MaxOptimism.. Sherlock shiitting on all our dreams, u kata balls tea bagging e46 m3 loving, to the dark side traitor.... U probly motorboating ur fugly ass wife's cottage cheezy legs while shifting through that crisp bmw gearbox.. U been banned, unwanted, unappreciated n ur comments make us all sad cuz we need that type R. Let me rephrase, we deserve that wrong wheel drive turbo yaris that can do 7:46 around the ring!!!!

:laugh: was that supposed to make me upset?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
You should be banned for wanting a honda this much. I just linked an article that stated news. :laugh:

Banned for wanting a Honda so much? hmmmmmmm. Not sure about that one.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Banned for wanting a Honda so much? hmmmmmmm. Not sure about that one.

You're the resident honda fan boi. Him wanting a honda pays your salary, so your opinion is void. :laugh:

michel

Ready to race!
You're the resident honda fan boi. Him wanting a honda pays your salary, so your opinion is void. :laugh:

I'll take an 8th gen SI over my GTI. It's a much more engaging drive, and the engine has character.

BTW I absolutely LOVE my GTI. I bought it because my brother had an SI at the time which I could drive anytime. MK7 is realistically my next car, but I would be equally happy with a type r, if they bring it.

Give credit where due, Honda has/had some very fun cars and I hope they bring it back.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I love the fact it's got a ridiculous ricer wing.
I'd be interested in it, but NO FOR ME!
Considering that Honda has been refining their cars and making them heavier, but not bumping engine numbers, not sure how sporty it could be.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I would think a 300hp+ 5 DR Turbo'd vehicle would make the rounds on anyone's radar.

I'd drive it even with a wing. I couldn't care less what people think about what I drive, its fast, flagrant, and delivers pure Honda performance.

Judging by the spy shots, it looks like it has fusion camera with active cruise and other lux features.

barische

Go Kart Champion
here is one for maxTDI. Granted i used to have a 318ti that was practically needed no maintenance unlike the e46 m3.

60k valve adjust $1000
rear subframe $2500
vanos $1500
bushings - $1-2k
oil leaks $500

i doubt type R will require that kind of repairs to fix what the engineers should have designed in the first place...

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why do you think I sold mine... It had all of that fixed by the previous sucker... ie owner. I wasn't ready to take chances on the Vanos giving out...which they all do.