GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R base price $36595 in US

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
"In fact, the A3/S3’s wheelbase is essentially identical to the Golf’s, although there are changes underneath the Audi, including the aluminum knuckles affixed to the strut-type front suspension and the option of variable magnetic shock absorbers"
Both Mk.VII GTI and S3 8V share the same (aluminium)
swivels and (steel) control arms.
Only the new Mk.III TT (8S) comes with aluminium arms.
They probably fit the GTI and S3 though (and add camber).

nick n

Ready to race!
Excuse the noob-ness, but why do they put in the blocks in different ways?

because of platform/chassis size and cost. true Quattro cars (more $$$ too)that use worm gears and equal length drive shafts, are set up to be longitudinal.

torque steer is also lessened without much computer aid if any.

standard smaller golfs/jettas/polos/pointers (not passat) etc are transverse and the gearbox sits on the driverside. this allows more space for passengers and their junk in such a small chassis but axles are unequal.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
It is a 0 sum game. We get cheap cars and gas. But 1 $350,545 ambulance ride later you're in debt for the rest of your life.

That's only if you're a hardworking citizen. It's free for illegal aliens!

Back on topic, that's definitely my next car. Stage 2 will be in the 3 second range to 60 without the need for a bigger turbo.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Meh. You couldn't GIVE me another Volkswagen, let alone convince me to actually pay for another one.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My local VW dealer is asking like 41k for the golf R. They have one at the dealership.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
No down payment, that's roughly $44-45k OTD...

No thanks.

That's that i said. I said ill wait a year or two and get a CPO.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
R faster then sti that is bound to piss some Ppl off.