GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R base price $36595 in US

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
R faster then sti that is bound to piss some Ppl off.

Right up until the new 2.0 motor from the WRX goes into the STi. Still, I'd much rather have the R either way, but this is a huge stepping stone for VW. They haven't been able to beat anything else in the "R's class" since they started releasing them in 04.

adolan21

Ready to race!
I didn't realize the R was so close in price to the STI. Faster, looks better, the superior interior, better fuel economy, probably cheaper insurance rates, don't really see a reason to get the STI over the R.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I didn't realize the R was so close in price to the STI. Faster, looks better, the superior interior, better fuel economy, probably cheaper insurance rates, don't really see a reason to get the STI over the R.

Superior resale... although R resale is pretty darn good also.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
That's that i said. I said ill wait a year or two and get a CPO.

Yeah, CPO will definitely save you some money for sure.

The 2013 MK6 R can be had for roughly $30k with less then 20k. That's like ~20% down from what someone would have paid with everything said n' done (after taxes, titles, fees, and registration even.) And, there is probably some wiggle room for serious buyers too. :)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, CPO will definitely save you some money for sure.

The 2013 MK6 R can be had for roughly $30k with less then 20k. That's like ~20% down from what someone would have paid with everything said n' done (after taxes, titles, fees, and registration even.) And, there is probably some wiggle room for serious buyers too. :)
They were going for 32k+ tax for loaded versions (5k off sticker). 2 years ago.

CPO my ass. Golf r makes sense new. Just got to wait for the cheaper models to get here and initial demand to sizzle down.