maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Your job doesn't have health insurance?

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Dsg fahts so loud its already rotted off

:laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Best response possible.

While that may be true... there are tons of other expenses that are reduced by her staying home. commute etc etc etc and taxes will be lower by at least that amount as well.

Exactly.

Fuck'th... $34k in day care. I'm glad I don't have kids.

Seriously.

:thumbsup:

I mean, who "makes" their spouse do something like quit their job?!?

It's not "making", it's something that should seriously be discussed.

well i do leave out a lot of personal business. such as she has the much more stable job at Stanford Hospital, and I have been a contractor for 7-8 years. and all our medical insurance is under her job. (even tho we have a $5000+ deductible on it each year, it's still better than me buying my own every month.)

wife is taking my GTI to work tomorrow. she does that every once in a while. to determine if she could live with it for the next 2 years.

Even then, if you're in a lower tax bracket, you might get insurance assistance from the fed and CA. $5k deductible is a lot...added into the $34k in childcare, that's like $40k gone. The higher tax bracket is probably eating away the other $20k of income. Dude, it's worth a serious look and discussion.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
In4plac being stay at home dad.

Free healthcare
Video games
And hooning/changing oil with kid.

Doesn't get any better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
That 7.3 F250 doe :lol:

Would take for free.

the blue Kelly book says 5500 bucks in FAIR condition. :iono:
if one would actually look up prices in my area, they all go for 8-9-10k even with high mileage. So....7k might be a bit high, but I'm patient and if someone shows up with cash and a fair offer it would go a long way...

In4plac being stay at home dad.

Free healthcare
Video games
And hooning/changing oil with kid.

Doesn't get any better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in4thread

PetrolHead

Yeah, and it's apparently MY bed

Within a day of having her, the wife had the dog sleeping in the bed :rolleyes:

If we leave, she goes in the cage though
If she starts acting up, that's to blame. When you don't give dogs boundaries, they go bonkers. We used to let our dog on the bed, then she went crazy destroying things, pooping in the house, etc. Forcing her to sleep in her crate, not allowing her on furniture, etc has gone a long way in making her a good dog. Dogs are just like kids, only better because they don't talk back and they're easier to control. But if you let them have freedom, they CAN (not necessarily all) turn into monsters.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
All this talk about dropping into a lower tax bracket has me wondering if those of you mentioning it even know how the tax brackets work. At no point will simply being in a lower tax bracket "save" you money. You will pay less, because you made less. Now if you drop below a cutoff for a tax credit. That is another story.

PetrolHead

WUT? We don't pay completely variable taxes, so it's not necessarily true that if you make less you pay less. It depends how deep in the bracket someone is. If you're at the very bottom of the next higher bracket, it would be better to make less to drop back to the lower bracket and pay less in taxes. That's why charitable giving is so popular. I made more in saved taxes than I spent giving to charity at the end of the year for this reason. It really depends on each families situation, but it's one that plac should seriously consider if he hasn't yet.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
WUT? We don't pay completely variable taxes, so it's not necessarily true that if you make less you pay less. It depends how deep in the bracket someone is. If you're at the very bottom of the next higher bracket, it would be better to make less to drop back to the lower bracket and pay less in taxes. That's why charitable giving is so popular. I made more in saved taxes than I spent giving to charity at the end of the year for this reason. It really depends on each families situation, but it's one that plac should seriously consider if he hasn't yet.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
You are wrong, if you don't believe me then google it and research for yourself.

Tax brackets don't apply to all of your income, they only apply to the amount you made over where the tax bracket started. You will not make/save money by dropping into the lower tax bracket.

However, you might pay less in taxes due to other things such as lifetime learning tax credit or other credits if the drop in income puts you below the maximum AGI to be eligible for it.

Last edited:

WAP

Go Kart Champion
It's not "making", it's something that should seriously be discussed.

But that's what the original quote said; that he should "make" her quit her job.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Stop being so caught up in semantics I am obviously not suggesting he makes her into an Isis sex slave.wtf

Glad we got our own women's rights defender here.