GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK is a DEEK F250 Powerstroke Thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
We all suffer from this car addiction. Always wanting more. Looking for the perfect vehicle that fits both wants and needs. I found just the thing.

First off, big thanks to PetrolHead for the Silverado hookup. Because of him I was able to not only get a massive deal on the Silverado, but turned that into an even better deal for the new toy....

DIS BETCH.

2004 F250 FX4 Lariat Powerstroke.

Yes, I know many of you are thinking why in the fuck I need this over the Silverado, or even a truck at all. I go camping. I have a need to tow. I will be upgrading my trailer from a popup to a much bigger/heavier trailer, and a diesel can handle anything I would buy. I also needed more room. I thought the double cab Silverado was enough, but sadly I was wrong. With growing kids and a dog it was very cramped on camping trips and just uncomfortable for the kids to sit straight up.

Because of the kickass deal I got on the Silverado, I had POSITIVE EQUITY in it after 4 months of ownership and only 1 payment (90 days no payment was sweet!). I owed 25k and ended up getting 26,500 for it. Carmax offered only 25k so the place I went to certainly hooked it up there. Side note: the running boards I put on it that cost me $120 ended up being worth $200 on trade! Love that!

Anyhow, the price on the F250 was 18,999 to start. This one only has 97k on it. Super low miles. That is not even the best part. It was the cleanest 100k vehicle I have ever seen. It is like brand new. I was shocked. I had to jump on it. Nothing in over a 100 mile radius had anything even remotely close to this well taken care of.

They knocked some price off, though it was already a good price for a truck like this in this area. Now the issue was the mileage and bad reputation for the 6.0L Powerstroke. Yes, I am well aware of all the issues they can have. I have many friends with them and researched the fuck out of it.

Result? I ended up getting a warranty on the truck for 5 yrs 75,000 miles. Even better is it only has a $100 deductible. ANYTHING breaks it only costs me $100. Most parts cost more. Not to mention labor. This was a big deal. The dealer even paid 1/3 the cost of it for me. Guy was great to deal with. Very real and willing to work. As it is, I save over $60/month in payments for the F250. It is $300/mo and Silverado was $363/mo. So, I save money, STILL have a warranty (actually longer than before), more room, an engine that can go to 500k and pull anything I want. Made perfect sense to me.

Leather, heated seats, power pedals, trailer brake controller, Leer camper shell, parking sensors, etc. It really only needs a new head unit for BT and better sound and maybe some new speakers. As you can see from the pics below, it is pristine.

Hate me for it, but I love it.

And let the banter commence!!

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Nice congrats on the purchase NEEK! Lookin' good!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I hate you - and not for buying a stupidly unnecessary truck.

How the fuck do you get fucking paid to drive a god damn new car for however many months you had it? Fuck you.

Good credit, huge rebates, employee pricing and the ability to negotiate fantastic deals.

Easy.

But yes, I hate myself too. It makes it too easy to flip cars sometimes. I should really turn it into a money making thing on the side. Plus, I could own a ton of fun shit for a few months at a time. :laugh:

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Also, an added bonus it is as close to 49'ers colors as you can get from the factory!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Single rear wheels?

Pussy.

Jesus. I could not do a dually. That is too big for me. I won't tow/haul THAT much shit when I go camping. :D

razr390

Go Kart Champion
now you need to edit your Drives: section again NEEK.

fuckin plac

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Nice congrats on the purchase NEEK! Lookin' good!

Danke.

Also, an added bonus it is as close to 49'ers colors as you can get from the factory!

Truth. Though color was not really a thought. More about condition and miles. This color would not be my first choice, but definitely not my last. It looks good clean. The two tone works well.

What did you put down on the 'rado doe?

Nothing on the F250.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Kicking the back end out in a dually is epic, yo.

TRUFUS.

now you need to edit your Drives: section again NEEK.

fuckin plac

WEird. I just did.

That ability is most definitely NOT easy.

I've never made money on any transaction in my life.

I couldn't sell water in the desert, influencing others is basically the hardest thing in the world. If you can do it you are extremely gifted.

Ah. I find it easy at least. I am very disarming and charming. At least that is what people tell me. :iono: