GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK is a DEEK F250 Powerstroke Thread.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Either way, someone should quit their job. $34k a year in childcare? Jesus H Crust.

Plac could make videos all day being a stay at home dad

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Either way, someone should quit their job. $34k a year in childcare? Jesus H Crust.

or do what the rest of Californians do:

hire a mexican :yikes:

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Stop being so caught up in semantics I am obviously not suggesting he makes her into an Isis sex slave.wtf

Glad we got our own women's rights defender here.

Now that I could get on board with! :lol:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
If she starts acting up, that's to blame. When you don't give dogs boundaries, they go bonkers. We used to let our dog on the bed, then she went crazy destroying things, pooping in the house, etc. Forcing her to sleep in her crate, not allowing her on furniture, etc has gone a long way in making her a good dog. Dogs are just like kids, only better because they don't talk back and they're easier to control. But if you let them have freedom, they CAN (not necessarily all) turn into monsters.

This.

One thing I've been able to stand my ground on is keeping the doge out of the bed and off of the couch.

I paid good money for both the bed and the couch, and I'm not about to let some fucking dog ruin it. If she wants to cuddle with the dog, she can lay on the floor or use the dog-specific chair in her office.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
You are wrong, if you don't believe me then google it and research for yourself.

Tax brackets don't apply to all of your income, they only apply to the amount you made over where the tax bracket started. You will not make/save money by dropping into the lower tax bracket.

However, you might pay less in taxes due to other things such as lifetime learning tax credit or other credits if the drop in income puts you below the maximum AGI to be eligible for it.

I get what you're saying... but in plac's situation, he makes like $120k+, so all of his wife's income is basically being taxed at $120-185k, which I'd imagine is quite high... I'm in the five figure range, so I don't know anything about that.

But $65k taxed at 40% = $39k... subtract $34k from that... you get $5,000. That is an awfully small amount to have someone else raising your kids.

That's not even factoring in the commute savings. Still though, the health care is a reason to stay, no one is getting Obama care or anything at $120k.

Dat middle class getting fucked life, yo. I feel it, I'm a health insurance-less dude that makes too much to get help with health insurance and get his student loans paid for by the government, so here I am living the peasant life :laugh:

Teddy Redskinz

Ready to race!
I get what you're saying... but in plac's situation, he makes like $120k+, so all of his wife's income is basically being taxed at $120-185k, which I'd imagine is quite high... I'm in the five figure range, so I don't know anything about that.

But $65k taxed at 40% = $39k... subtract $34k from that... you get $5,000. That is an awfully small amount to have someone else raising your kids.

That's not even factoring in the commute savings. Still though, the health care is a reason to stay, no one is getting Obama care or anything at $120k.

Dat middle class getting fucked life, yo. I feel it, I'm a health insurance-less dude that makes too much to get help with health insurance and get his student loans paid for by the government, so here I am living the peasant life :laugh:
Marginal tax rate is 28% MFJ at that income level. Plus you get to deduct about $23k in taxable income if you are a family of 3 assuming you file only for standard deductions. And remember...that 28% marginal tax rate is based on the next dollar earned. Total income is not taxed at 28% but moves up gradually. A family of 3 with 185k income filing for standard deductions is taxed about $32K. That works out to an average tax rate of 17%. Also, Plac chooses to spend $2k in daycare costs but there are cheaper alternatives.

Not to get all preachy but if people cut out the starbucks, cell phones, and TV they probably save them selves about $500 bucks a month. That is $6,000 annually and $60,000 over ten years.

Income Tax Calculator...
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Don't forget state taxes...

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion

I was just saying that the fixation on tax brackets is stupid. The idea that dropping into the next lower tax bracket is going to drastically change things is false because you only get taxed at that rate for money made above the start of the bracket. This is especially true when their next lower bracket is 25% vs. 28%. What is more important is what sort of things you are eligible for such as tax credits, standard deductions, etc. Also as you mentioned you have to consider benefits such as health insurance which he doesn't get as a contractor.

I'm not saying it isn't the right decision for them. What I am saying is that a lot of the armchair quarterbacks on the forum 1. don't understand how taxes work in general and 2. don't understand Plac's finances because only he is privy to the details.
#1 Was further reinforced by PetrolHead spewing bullshit which he clearly has no clue about.
He and his wife should consider it but it is much more complicated than "LOWER TAXBRACKET YO!"

With tax season coming up, personally I would have a tax professional do my taxes and also assess the impact of possibly losing the secondary income.

for anyone who still doesn't get what I was saying about tax brackets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1hn3N5M14

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion