GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you think looks better on the MK7?

czirrfb

Banned
Is the engine in the MK7 the same as the 2.0t MK6 engine? Because can't a stage 1 MK6 beat a stock MK7?

What improvements were made to the MK7 engine? Bigger turbo?

In which case... Used MK6+Tune = way more bang for your buck.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I feel like the MK6 outside body lines look like a polished version of the MK7. Maybe all this squared off neon glowing, Apple inspired, simplistic form look feels like it's going to run up its course soon. Plus there's something nice about knowing that the MK6 is Germany manufactured.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I like the rear end of the mk7, but the overall shape of the mk6. I don't like the sharpness of the mk7 when they are side by side.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Is the engine in the MK7 the same as the 2.0t MK6 engine? Because can't a stage 1 MK6 beat a stock MK7?

I don't know the exact engine differences, but there is definitely a difference.
A stage 1 mk7 puts up right around 300hp at the crank.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

Mk7 gti is not as quick as a stage 1 mk6, not even close. It is torqier in comparison. And yes tuned mk6 is more bang for buck vs mk7.

Its not exactly the same engine, its the 3rd gen of the tsi engine, the intake piping lining is different,diverter valve is right under intake piping instead of somewhere close to intercooler, biggee turbo and internals. Also you get torque around 1,500 rpm instead of 1,800.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Front end is definitely more aggresive, and the austin wheels. Im not really a fan of detroits. The rear doesnt look kia'ish like the mk6 with stock tails, and it looks mean at night with lights on. Overall i prefer the mk6 styling better.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 gets 210hp with 258lb/ft torque. Performance package adds 10hp. Its a entirely new plateform. Steering and handling is greatly improved. The extra torque is very noticeable.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
The seats feel softer. But I think that means less supportive. But I guess you have to sit in it long term to know.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

I'm diggin' it :wub:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
^^^ also one of favorite interiors in ANY car.

+1 for front being way better but the sides and rear, MK6 all the way.

in4mk7frontendconversion.
I'm already fake for having a golf r front end. might as well do an mk7........

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
^^^ also one of favorite interiors in ANY car.

+1 for front being way better but the sides and rear, MK6 all the way.

in4mk7frontendconversion.
I'm already fake for having a golf r front end. might as well do an mk7........

mk7 is wider, so its gonna look funny.