GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you think looks better on the MK7?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

BigLar11

I love the interior of the MK7 (except the electric parking brake), the front bumper and the lower valance. They look so much sharper than the MK6 and the MK6 is already a pretty striking car to begin with. I don't like the MK7's taillights though, they're too short for my liking.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Here's how I look at it...

When I first saw the Mk5, I was like meh. However, when VW launched the Mk6, the styling difference was absolutely incredible. The MK6 caught my eye every time that I *rarely* saw one. In 2011, I was driving home from work and this dude was pulling out of a lot with his MK6 GTI and instantly I knew that I HAD to have one. It was almost like a real-life commercial, it was angled in a way that I could see all the sexy curves, etc. A few days later, I went down to my local VW dealer to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, and when the rep pulled my GTI around, I knew I was going to buy it before I even test drove it.

The MK7 doesn't do that for me, and there have been a few similar moments where it had its chance. I'm sure its a fantastic generation, but my loyalty remains with my Mk6. :)

Last edited: