GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you think looks better on the MK7?

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
It's ok. Better stance pointz

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
It's ok. Better stance pointz

cranker1987

Ready to race!
I like the front end of the mk7 more, looks aggressive and you don't need a dumb lip like you do on the mk6. From the sides and back though I 100% prefer the mk6 all day

Exactly my thoughts.

I hate the Detroit wheels, but l like the MK7's Brooklyns.

Still, to non-fans such as ourselves, few people will be able to tell an MKVI apart from Mk7 just passing them on the street.

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Headlights...
Led's on mk7
Or
Led's on mk6???
Go.

First.

I love both... can't choose for some reason. I started typing, then caught myself saying the same for both.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Headlights...
Led's on mk7
Or
Led's on mk6???
Go.

First.

I love both... can't choose for some reason. I started typing, then caught myself saying the same for both.

'12 and up looks good, mk7's look better for sure.

KO7

Ready to race!
I prefer the MK7's sunroof, infotainment screens (both driver's gauge and stereo/GPS), color-matched valance and LED fog lights.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I prefer the way the MK7's centre console merges with the instrument cluster. And the fog-light grilles extend across the fog-lights themselves on the MK7. That's something that should have been done on the MK6 as well. It just looks better.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Virtually all of the MK7 looks better than the MK6.
It's meaner looking.
Wider, lower, and there are more details to the sheet metal when you view the car in person than appear in pics. Some nice contours, creases and details...
Overall, the '7 is more upscale - as is the GTI tradition.
It's now even less of a hot hatch souped up econobox, and more a premium small car.
And to drive one?
The difference between torque, power and steering is night and day.
The 7 just takes off, where the 6 feels relatively sluggish unless you lay into it.
And the MK7 responds to steering imputs with a flick of the wrist, virtually no body roll and immediate response.
I know these things, because I recently traded my MK6 in for a MK7.

Attachments

• CAM00388.jpg
    CAM00388.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 153

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I prefer the way the MK7's centre console merges with the instrument cluster. And the fog-light grilles extend across the fog-lights themselves on the MK7. That's something that should have been done on the MK6 as well. It just looks better.

Yeah, those strakes on the lower valance are hinted on the MK6, but I really like the way the are implemented on the MK7.
And, yes the console merge to the instrument cluster.
This is a feature I've always loved in performance cars.
I'm glad VW finally went with it, and got away from the more upright t-shaped design that the MK6 had.
I assume that the wider cabin in the MK7 helps to enable this.

czirrfb

Banned
I dont see any of that.

The MK7 is clearly more of a MK6.5 if anything.

Not exactly a full evolution. And it's already been stated a stage 1 MK6 is faster than a stock MK7 so why waste more money on almost the same car?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I dont see any of that.

The MK7 is clearly more of a MK6.5 if anything.

Not exactly a full evolution. And it's already been stated a stage 1 MK6 is faster than a stock MK7 so why waste more money on almost the same car?

You've got it wrong.

Mk6 is more of a Mk5.5. Mk7 is a full generation forward. New platform, new engine, new interior, 100% new exterior panels.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion