GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Clutch Option: KMD Tuning FSI/TSI Clutch Kit

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ Sub'd, for the same reasons as my man, Brunkel. I just went GIAC stage 2 today, and had very, VERY light slippage (one time) on the way home, at less than half throttle. My car is at just over 50k-miles, stock tune the whole time, and I have babied the clutch for the three years I've had the car. No tracking, no hard launches, etc.

Not surprised at all that I've got slippage, as this is one of the more "torquey" stage 2 tunes. I'm interested in seeing where this thread goes :thumbup: thanks, Hyde

Last edited:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ Sub'd, for the same reasons as my man, Brunkel. I just went GIAC stage 2 today, and had very, VERY light slippage (one time) on the way home, at less than half throttle. My car is at just over 50k-miles, stock tune the whole time, and I have babied the clutch for the three years I've had the car. No tracking, no hard launches, etc.

Not surprised at all that I've got slippage, as this is one of the more "torquey" stage 2 tunes. I'm interested in seeing where this thread goes :thumbup: thanks, Hyde

You're welcome, I'm excited to see who may install this kit and their feedback.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Do we have a release date yet? My next mod is lsd and clutch and I already have the lsd. I'm saving for the clutch. I'm definitely interested

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just a quick update on my new Audi TT-RS PP, TDI disc and DMFW. When we pulled the clutch at 1,700 miles, we did notice two things
-The clutch was barely broken in; the pressure plate and DMFW surface still had grooves from the original machining over 50% of the surface, I wonder how many miles until it reaches the fully broken in glass-like smoothness.
-The Audi TT-RS PP's self adjusting springs were 75% extended to the point where it would be considered high mileage use. The pressure plate dropped very far, possibly due to the thin TDI disc but I worry that it's close to the point where the pressure plate reaches the max drop point where the inner cage doesn't allow it to move any longer. Seems like the PP sits at a low point or a much more narrow operating window. This makes me wonder how the KMD Tuning Clutch would look as they modify the PP to work with the thicker disc.

I like this!

Question: For those of us who have the RSR kit already installed (TT-RS PP) - would it be an issue to switch / swap out the clutch disc to their ceramic-metallic version? as the diameter will fit 100%

Or would the surface of the used/already installed PP be too worn?

I'm curious to know -- as for future re-install or swap. my clutch gets a beating.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I like this!

Question: For those of us who have the RSR kit already installed (TT-RS PP) - would it be an issue to switch / swap out the clutch disc to their ceramic-metallic version? as the diameter will fit 100%

I'm curious to know -- as for future re-install or swap. my clutch gets a beating.

-Audi TT-RS pressure plate modified to work with the OEM factory thickness of the custom full ceramic clutch disc as standard aftermarket drop in discs will not work with the OEM thickness of the Audi TT-RS pressure plate

I take this as the Audi TT-RS pressure plate is modified or shaved down to accept the thicker ceramic-metallic disc.

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
I like this!

Note:
-Modified Audi TT-RS Pressure Plate with custom made ceramic-metallic disc for a full contact surface.
-Unlike some clutch kits on the market that use a wider face disc which will cause an overhang, the KMD kit was designed to work with the full diameter of the Audi TT-RS pressure plate.
-The ceramic-metallic disc is also thicker than other kits which will offer a longer life from the clutch.

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
-Audi TT-RS pressure plate modified to work with the OEM factory thickness of the custom full ceramic clutch disc as standard aftermarket drop in discs will not work with the OEM thickness of the Audi TT-RS pressure plate

I take this as the Audi TT-RS pressure plate is modified or shaved down to accept the thicker ceramic-metallic disc.

correct :thumbsup:

Thanks for info!

so the KMD Tuning OEM TT-RS pressure plate has actually been shaved down in house 'modified' to accept the correct diameter full thickness disc?

What about the folks who have ran the South Bend drop in disc with the TT-RS PP? That is OEM Thickness. Sorry to stur the pot. Just like to be educated and have good understanding of products such

But with above statements by KMDTuning -- I simply would NOT be able to later purchase your full thickness ceramic-metallic disc and use it on my used TT-RS PP (HS Tuning RSR) kit. Would have to buy all new kit

Going to also now assume or figure that this KMDTuning kit will hold the same or more power than the SACH SRE Performance SMF kit?

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
Yes correct, our kit has a modified TT-RS PP to mate with our Clutch disc.
-We do not sell the Clutch disc from our kit separately. A full kit will be need to be purchased.

I also cannot speak on the folks that have added a drop in disc with a TT-RS PP. I am not 100% it would work nor have seen it up close.

Also, our kit has a 520-530 ft/lb TQ rating.