GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Fluidampr® Crank Pulley for Volkswagen TSI® Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion

dave80

Go Kart Champion
I already have the pre-install damper dyno done, but waiting for the same/close weather conditions for the post-intall damper dyno.

valj

Ready to race!
I'm not gonna even plan on buying this until I see the dyno figures for K04.

There are better ways to spend 400 bucks than on eliminating minimal vibrations which VAG engineers somehow failed to keep down.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm not gonna even plan on buying this until I see the dyno figures for K04.

There are better ways to spend 400 bucks than on eliminating minimal vibrations which VAG engineers somehow failed to keep down.

we are talking about NVH that us due to tuning your car. your OEM damper is tuned to stock power levels, not anything more.

valj

Ready to race!
we are talking about NVH that us due to tuning your car. your OEM damper is tuned to stock power levels, not anything more.

Well everyone was runnning the stock one even on big turbo setups without any problems ;)

zipsled

Ready to race!
Why the hue and cry for dyno results with this? We all know the hype most manufacturers claim on add-ons for our cars...HP increases for CAI, HP increases for exhaust systems, HP increases for new motor and tranny mounts...so forth and so on.
Some here seem to think that $400 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a relatively minor upgrade...but have dropped much more than that on those things I mentioned above.
I'll probably pick one up since it seems to help keep aftermarket clutches from making my car sound like a Ford Powerstroke.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Well everyone was runnning the stock one even on big turbo setups without any problems ;)

True, but does high HP builds and an OEM damper = safe? Long term safety and security? No elevated crank harmonics which could lead to crank walk or failure of OEM bearings? U-20T, the BT guru upgraded crank bearings and still added this damper.

JT641

Banned
Why the hue and cry for dyno results with this? We all know the hype most manufacturers claim on add-ons for our cars...HP increases for CAI, HP increases for exhaust systems, HP increases for new motor and tranny mounts...so forth and so on.
Some here seem to think that $400 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a relatively minor upgrade...but have dropped much more than that on those things I mentioned above.
I'll probably pick one up since it seems to help keep aftermarket clutches from making my car sound like a Ford Powerstroke.

True, but does high HP builds and an OEM damper = safe? Long term safety and security? No elevated crank harmonics which could lead to crank walk or failure of OEM bearings? U-20T, the BT guru upgraded crank bearings and still added this damper.

x2:thumbsup:

It's seems like power is more important to these people than the life span of there engines:iono:

When you are pushing your engine on a regular basis and doing things to increase it's power output, But forsaking the longevity of your engine by ignoring things will cause premature failure of the engine makes no sense. Especially when an opportunity presents itself to mitigate potential premature engine failures You only have yourself to blame when something does go wrong.

To me $390 is a small price to pay for peace of mind that my engine will last longer. So I'm not waiting on the group buy and I'm ordering mine today. Also ordering a new belt and idler pulley since I have almost 60K on it

Last edited:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
To me $390 is a small price to pay for peace of mind that my engine will last longer. So I'm not waiting on the group buy and I'm ordering mine this week. Also ordering a new belt and idler pulley since I have almost 60K on it

Same. I have a close friend with a MK5 TSI K04 who just spun a bearing, he wished this was out sooner.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
You guys make it sound like this part is basically a mandatory upgrade for K04 and up?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
You guys make it sound like this part is basically a mandatory upgrade for K04 and up?

It's not, but people rarely think about stress placed on an engine, it's all about "max power for the dollar". I want my car to last for a long time after putting all of these new parts in over the past few years. I've already had an engine blow. I will add whatever I can to keep it running safely.

JT641

Banned

The more performance you try to extract from your engine the more important it becomes that you do whatever is necessary to make it last to perform at it's peak consistently for as long as possible.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Is there any install instructions? Just need to know how difficult the install is to know whether or not I need to budget cost of installation at a shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.