GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
boom! my VIN just came up. service campaign.

START DATE
08-06-2015
DESCRIPTION
The coolant pump may develop a small leak over time.
REMEDY
Your authorized Volkswagen dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the coolant pump in your vehicle.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Mine came up as well. Anyone know if we could get VW to pay for a pump change we had to pay out of pocket for out of the 60k warranty?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Mine came up as well. Anyone know if we could get VW to pay for a pump change we had to pay out of pocket for out of the 60k warranty?

Yes, there is a reimbursement claim form you will receive in the mail with the formal service action info. Fill it out and send in a copy of your paid invoice.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Yes, there is a reimbursement claim form you will receive in the mail with the formal service action info. Fill it out and send in a copy of your paid invoice.

Well shit, I wonder how they will know my address. My VW loan had my address, but I haven't lived at that address in a few years and haven't had a loan on it in over a year either.

I guess I'll search around online. Thanks!

gtiguy482

Passed Driver's Ed
Should be live in a few days. We just got the release notification

Just checked on mine again since it looks like it is live again. Still nothing on my 2013. I wonder if its just for cars with older rev pumps that may have not gone bad yet. Not sure what rev mine is though. 48k miles and still doing okay on original pump though. :thumbsup:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
So these water pumps are used a tons of VW models. I'm hoping VW is just starting with the GTI, because I want a free, new water pump too! :p

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Still nothing here for my 2013 GTI manual.

phant0m

Ready to race!

"Coolant Punp" ... punp? 0_0

2011 GTI with DSG. had it replaced once under 36k warranty

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
so really, this is only beneficial to those out of powertrain warranty? How is this any different from the standard 5yr/60k powertrain warranty?