GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
The Atp manifold isn't that bad, just a slower spool. I hit full boost around 4,500 rpms with a gt3076. I would imagine a gtx29 would spool ~500 rpms sooner. The problem is capping out around 440 whp.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
The Atp manifold isn't that bad, just a slower spool. I hit full boost around 4,500 rpms with a gt3076. I would imagine a gtx29 would spool ~500 rpms sooner. The problem is capping out around 440 whp.
Is that cap due to how much the manifold can flow? And if so any way to improve the flow of the manifold?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I bought mine from Andre, what he told me was as much boost and fuel he could throw at it, it would make about 440 whp. I wouldn't go porting it as there isn't much material there to begin with. I'm still on stock fueling so I'm limited there anyway. The car was my daily, (just got another ccta, tiguan) and has 150,000 miles on it.

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed

Thanks for the input. Just trying to see the options out there. I am sticking to stock fueling as far it goes. Not gonna touch any additional stuff. Just trying to get stealth tune sa to give me a bundle kit with a new tune

smanierre

Autocross Champion
You can go for VF Engineering manifold, I have it on my GTX build.
You have a link for that? I tried looking on their website but couldnt find anything.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
You have a link for that? I tried looking on their website but couldnt find anything.

I will search for their contact in my emails.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the input. Just trying to see the options out there. I am sticking to stock fueling as far it goes. Not gonna touch any additional stuff. Just trying to get stealth tune sa to give me a bundle kit with a new tune

Stock fueling is limited to around 400whp anyway, so a bigger turbo doesn’t really help unless you’re going to add meth or port fueling.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
They don’t make it anymore.
So would that leave atp or a custom manifold as our only options?

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock fueling is limited to around 400whp anyway, so a bigger turbo doesn’t really help unless you’re going to add meth or port fueling.

Yup already have meth running 80/20 premix on my k04 setup now. Maxed out.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I called last week. They don’t have any and they don’t have the molds anymore, so they couldn’t make em if they wanted to.
So anyone have any good suggestions for a manifold that will flow enough to max out a gtx2976r? Is a custom tubular manifold my only choice?