smanierre

Autocross Champion
GTX3076R GEN2 or GTX3576R GEN2
+1 on GTX3076R Gen 2, work out all the issues for me before I do it [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Gonna be my next choice after destroying my TurboZentrum EFR7163 [emoji1]

I'm gonna be jumping to that straight from my IHI. Definitely a ways away though, i'm just about stage 2 now, just waiting on intercooler and meth setup. Then i'm tightening up the handling/suspension. After that's done i'll start saving up for a full engine build and all the turbo parts. Then probably a decent amount of time to figure out fueling and tuning, possibly E85 since I have a station on my way to work every day.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
That turbo on a ko4 manifold didn’t work well huh?

No, no, it worked fine and the power delivery was amazing but I destroyed my Mahle pistons :(
I will fix the engine and use the TurboZentrum kit until I destroy it or fade up from the power level.
To be honest, I don’t think I will be satisfied by 550hp!
I am targeting 700hp but for sure I have to go for another fueling setup

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna be jumping to that straight from my IHI. Definitely a ways away though, i'm just about stage 2 now, just waiting on intercooler and meth setup. Then i'm tightening up the handling/suspension. After that's done i'll start saving up for a full engine build and all the turbo parts. Then probably a decent amount of time to figure out fueling and tuning, possibly E85 since I have a station on my way to work every day.

Will be giant jump

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Will be giant jump

That's what i'm expecting. 600whp is my goal. Won't you need to go a bit bigger than the 3076 for 700? I thought it maxed out around 625

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
That turbo on a ko4 manifold didn’t work well huh?

Ha... its not a K04 manifold though it is integrated design like OEM K03/04. Its all custom. Another member has one up and running at 425whp (Mustang Dyno) which would be about 475whp on a Dynojet. 30psi, 91oct + water meth. Hopefully Turbozentrum will be up and running soon.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
What are the negatives? Extra vibrations at low engine speeds? I looked into this a while back but never could find any info

U-20T is right.
https://bwperformance.com/blog/post/racing-pikes-peak-in-an-awd-mk5-gli

The owner of this jetta had a SMFW put on his DSG a while ago. He raced it up Pikes Peak and the transmission failed. There is video online of this.

From the article:"Sadly, Sead didn’t make it all the way up the hill. The Jetta had been retrofitted with a DSG transmission specially designed for racing duty, but the clutch casing broke part way up the mountain. The Jetta lost clutch pressure, so there was no gear engagement and heartbreakingly, the car had to stop on the side of the course."

Bluewater was very confident it was the SMFW that caused the transmission isssue. They put a DMFW in and I have raced with this car on the track and it works great. The car has seen hot track days and with hard miles on it and the DSG has been great with the DMFS.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion