GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chiraqi Chat14: And You Get a MK7 GTI, And You Get a MK7 GTI, And You Get a MK7 GTI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Dat racecar isn't in my possession?

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
been thinking of mixing this into the carry mix. anyone ever shoot one? Looks pretty small for a 9rd 45cal. Comes with 13rd mag too.

http://grabagun.com/springfield-86.html

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Not too keen on the grip safety. Wonder if lint and debris can get in there and cause a blockage.

Not sure how I feel about grip safety either. If in a rush and poor hand placement, could be an issue to fire. On the other hand, it should be pretty simple to operate? Grab gun and shoot?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
XD Mod 2 3.3" in 45.

Haven't shot one. I like the look of the XD line, but not a fan of the aggressive grip. I feel like it would suck for carrying.

I know a few guys with .45 cal XD's and they like them, not sure if they carry them. Just look around and see if there's any known/common malfunctions or issues or whatever. I'm sure they're fine though. Really just gotta go shoot it and take your EDC rig with you to try at the range.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Grip safeties are usually really easy to operate. It would be hard to grab the pistol in a way that you would not activate the grip safety.

As far as lint/dirt/dust/etc getting in there, that's why you clean your guns :) or buy a Glock and never have to worry about anything ;)

Jaber

Modero
Not sure how I feel about grip safety either. If in a rush and poor hand placement, could be an issue to fire. On the other hand, it should be pretty simple to operate? Grab gun and shoot?

Should rent one and play around with grip pressure, to see if there's an event where the pistol won't fire. I've read about a few failures here and there, probably super rare in whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.