GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Renck

Ready to race!
That's strange. They told me my output file and version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried too (called APR) and they didn't find anything. I made a quick stop at a local APR dealer and they were able to tell me that indeed Stage 1 was installed at the car (no charge - YMMV).

ahard48

Ready to race!
I tried too (called APR) and they didn't find anything. I made a quick stop at a local APR dealer and they were able to tell me that indeed Stage 1 was installed at the car (no charge - YMMV).

I'll just call up a local APR tuner and ask before driving over...Just curious as to what version of stage 1 I have...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'll just call up a local APR tuner and ask before driving over...Just curious as to what version of stage 1 I have...

Chances are its 1.2.

2.0 came out at the end of march, so I think it's unlikely that they updated the tune and then turned around and sold the car right away, but it's possible.

Renck

Ready to race!

Cool, don't forget to report back. I didn't ask about the version, they just told me it was on Stage 1 with the following programs:

Stock

I did the upgrade to 2.4 and now the car is sporting

Stock

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
LOL.

Lets all complain on the forums that APR's tune is so bad and their customer service is non-existent, yet not even address the problem directly on their support system. Sounds about right :rolleyes:

It's more a matter of whether I'm willing to wait probably several months to likely still never get a satisfactory resolution, because what's to say even the
"fix" will adapt well? We played this game before for YEARS with 2.0 originally from tease to release, then many months of progression from 2.1 to 2.4, and there are still problems.

What is it in that story that's confidence-inspiring? In addition to me having to spend several hundred $$$ for the necessary logging tools, that gives me any confidence that the remaining issues will ever be addressed even if I do use the support system for them to tell me "its probably a hardware issue on your end."

When I'm face with shelling out $200 for APR mobile to further blow up my sunk cost in APR with no guarantee of a fix, $450 for VAGCOM mobile to give them logs to MAYBE solve the problem, or $650 for a Cobb Accessport and Stratified tune, I think it's pretty easy to see where I'm coming from.

I'm not usually a pessimist. That's just where I'm at.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Is anyone less experiencing random loss of power around 3500 rpm? Power drops then comes back on.

Chatchie

Ready to race!
Is anyone less experiencing random loss of power around 3500 rpm? Power drops then comes back on.

Yes Yes Yes. This is the throttle surge. Glad I'm not the only one getting this, I've had it since the initial 2.4 flash. Usually under moderate throttle or when slowly pulling off throttle.

Also wanted to add. If I had a GTI I would have for sure dumped this for an accessport. Cobb doesn't support the CC.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Yes^^^

Car was feeling like crap again after a week. Reset and it feels so much better.

What exactly in the tune makes it adapt poorly over time?

Chatchie

Ready to race!
What are you guys doing to "reset" your cars?

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Just sent a support ticket describing the major issues. Surging, jerkiness, crappy adaptation over time and random throttle inputs when slipping the clutch. And asked about overrun :D

dkg010

Passed Driver's Ed
i upgraded to the latest 2.4 from i think 2.1
was running pretty well after the tune but adapted a little
on the slow side. then went WOT today and check engine
light came on. code for underboost. I did also change the
carbonio filter so i'm thinking maybe the MAF is dirty.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
i upgraded to the latest 2.4 from i think 2.1
was running pretty well after the tune but adapted a little
on the slow side. then went WOT today and check engine
light came on. code for underboost. I did also change the
carbonio filter so i'm thinking maybe the MAF is dirty.

Try MAF cleaner off amazon, worked perfect for me. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

dkg010

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah that seems to have done the trick. although the security torx screw stripped and I couldn't get it out. had to pull the intake off again and shoot the cleaner into the maf while still attached. engine didn't like that when i went to start it. everything fine now though. really enjoying 2.4

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So apr is sending me a mobile dongle for datalogging, trying to fix the rev jumping when starting issue. I keep pushing for crackles, I told them that when my car is cold it pops and crackles and sounds awesome, wish it was like that all the time!