GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK6 Oil Catch Can System

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
I soooooo want one of these CC but I'm scared it might not fit the IE intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing done to the manifold is to block off the port... I used the APR boost tap, which comes with a plug you can screw in to close it off.

There's nothing else required for the manifold, so as long as you can block the port you're good to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Only thing done to the manifold is to block off the port... I used the APR boost tap, which comes with a plug you can screw in to close it off.

There's nothing else required for the manifold, so as long as you can block the port you're good to!

or do you the stage 2 intake pipe? Assuming it still uses the factory pcv breather hose, I don't see why you'd have issue. There's a lot of slack in the APR supplied hose too, so even if it's in a different location you should be fine

FriggenT1

Banned
Just installed this kit. Very nice setup, and super easy install.

The can is really well constructed.... It rattles a bit when you handle it, but there's no noticeable sound driving or sitting idle.

Looks great in the engine bay, too - aside from my disgustingly filthy engine bay ;)

I'll get better shots tomorrow after I wash the engine bay!

You should probably check your air filter

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion

Yeah I got the APR boost tap too but I'm talking about the intake pipe where the rear PCV pipe goes connected to. In your case your fine because your intake pipe is stock. Mine is an aftermarket cold air intake from IE.

Also I got a question how does the rear PCV APR block off work? You just screw it in or push it in and then screw it in? Does it feel secure? Does it come with something on the threads? Thanks!

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I got the APR boost tap too but I'm talking about the intake pipe where the rear PCV pipe goes connected to. In your case your fine because your intake pipe is stock. Mine is an aftermarket cold air intake from IE.

Also I got a question how does the rear PCV APR block off work? You just screw it in or push it in and then screw it in? Does it feel secure? Does it come with something on the threads? Thanks!

The PCV block off screws into the port... It has slightly oversized rubber threads that bite against the smooth port. It fits very securely and was extremely simple to install

Even with the aftermarket intake, it still used the OEM PCV hose, right? There's a lot of slack in the APR supplied line. Even if it's repositioned, I think you'll be fine

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
The PCV block off screws into the port... It has slightly oversized rubber threads that bite against the smooth port. It fits very securely and was extremely simple to install

Even with the aftermarket intake, it still used the OEM PCV hose, right? There's a lot of slack in the APR supplied line. Even if it's repositioned, I think you'll be fine

I think it's almost in the oem location. And yes it uses the oem Pcv hose. Maybe less than an inch difference.

How big is the catch can in capacity? Like a soda can or smaller?

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
I think it's almost in the oem location. And yes it uses the oem Pcv hose. Maybe less than an inch difference.

How big is the catch can in capacity? Like a soda can or smaller?

Larger than a soda can for sure....maybe 24oz? I'll get some pictures tomorrow so you can see

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Larger than a soda can for sure....maybe 24oz? I'll get some pictures tomorrow so you can see

Ok thanks was worried it was going to be too little in capacity since no one answered that one before. Ok I'm sold lol

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
So I'm a bit confused.. Retails OEM PCV which is good. But wont the rear PCV port be under pressure with the plug and eventually lead to the PCV plate failing?