GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR has had my ECU for 2 weeks with no updates

Jaber

Modero
the saga continues...

VW of Orchard Park is now again refusing to work on my car, saying the other dealership screwed up the Intake Manifold and so they cant warranty it and also that they want their loaner back so telling me to just come pick it up. Again. 5 weeks.

Ouch. Talk to Jesus about taking the wheel again?

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
At this point I'd just call up VW and be like:

"Look, a VW dealer worked on my car, they're far away, and they fucked up my car. The dealer close to me won't touch it and won't help me at all - after saying that they would and even going so far as to give me a loaner. Now I got a busted car, not of my own fault mind you, but because of faulty repairs done at a certified VW dealer. What can you do to help me?"

I guarantee someone will step up the plate.

I hate VW dealers too - so it pains me to praise them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I dont understand how they can say okay we will do work. And then the next day be like nahhhh son.

Jaber

Modero

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i really wanted to avoid calling VWOA and ratting them out. But apparently The Rochester dealer kinda took the reins and did that for me.

So now once again I'm being told its getting done at the Orchard Park location. But it was supposed to get done yesterday they're not willing to give me a time frame now.

I told them "look if I can just get it back as soon as possible id be willing to pay extra or part of it out of pocket"..... and they're like oh ok we'll get right on it then. which is hilarious.

FriggenT1

Banned
i really wanted to avoid calling VWOA and ratting them out. But apparently The Rochester dealer kinda took the reins and did that for me.

So now once again I'm being told its getting done at the Orchard Park location. But it was supposed to get done yesterday they're not willing to give me a time frame now.

I told them "look if I can just get it back as soon as possible id be willing to pay extra or part of it out of pocket"..... and they're like oh ok we'll get right on it then. which is hilarious.

That is-f still for sale? I'd buy it immediately after all this. What's extra payment money when you have all this stuff you're paying for anyway? Is-f, intake, exhaust...done.

Andrew429

Ready to race!

have you tried basil VW in lockport? never had any problems with them, I used to only go to VW of orchard park but since basil opened I've been going there, they're tune friendly and I know one of the mechanics, he does side work for my car, he changed my clutch for $250

Uberryan

Banned
Why're you offering to pay anything... why are you hesitating on ratting out a dealer that's going to turn around and fuck you with no lube? Fuck that dealer, and fuck all the shit you've had to put up with. Get VWOA on the phone, rat them out, tell them you've been waiting an extremely ungodly amount of time, costing you close to a thousand if not more. Throw them under the bus, and get your satisfaction and don't try and throw money at them to push their hands into the work. They're there to provide that service in a timely manner, its in their contract when they purchase the license from VW. If they're stalling out on doing the repairs because they "just don't want to" call VWOA again... and again... and again, until it's done and done right.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I get it. Its all good advice. But I have so much other shit going on I decided I'm just going to buy my way out and never go to them again and they lose out on my next car purchase which, as long as business goes smoothly, is a mk7 R

It sucks but another 400 versus the fucking mental strain at this point is an easy decision

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Dont "pay your way out". Because if something else goes wrong, following your current track record it will, that expedite fee will be pointless. You should deal with the mental strain and fight with VW.

I guarantee you that when you pay that $400 for a still broken car, the mental strain will still be there and it'll be even stronger.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
have you tried basil VW in lockport? never had any problems with them, I used to only go to VW of orchard park but since basil opened I've been going there, they're tune friendly and I know one of the mechanics, he does side work for my car, he changed my clutch for $250

dude i just talked with john one of the senior techs there. He was one of the most knowledgeable dudes ive ever talked to he said please get the car to me. Its already being fixed so I cant with this issue. but anything in the future it will be at Basil in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Jesus.. Reading this thread makes me want to go home and stick my head in the oven...