GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR has had my ECU for 2 weeks with no updates

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
5 week long broken car fiasco. read it and weep boys. full house.

(UPDATE) i got rid of what was originally here because i want to move on.

5 weeks without the car. tried repairing bad ecu from bench flash. didnt work, while it was getting worked on mice chewed up all my electrical and fucked the car up super bad, then my new ecu wouldnt pair until that all got replaced, then i drove home and my intake manifold runner flap position sensor went, then the dealer who fixed it screwed the install up and it was worse than before, then my local dealer wouldnt warranty another dealers work so i had to pay out of pocket to fix an extended warranty item which is the thing that burns me the most about the whole thing.

ecu-
if it happens to you, dont go that route, just get a junkyard ecu with your boxcode off of ebay and have it paired at the dealer.

shoddy warranty work-
tattle to VWOA if they dont make it right immediately

apr-
I dont want any ongoing animosity towards APR to continue because at this point its irrelevant. theres nothing wrong with apr except that they sometimes dont respond in a timely fashion when they should

feel free to read through the thread for a laugh and a cry.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
At this point APR has had my ECU for just shy of 2 weeks with no update being given to myself or the shop that helped remove it for repair.

They cant tell me anything by phone. No one responded when i attempted to email support. The shop owner said he keeps being told the techs are out of the office or in a meeting when he calls for an update...

I've spent over 400 dollars on a rental at this point and have no idea what to do. Im just bleeding money here and pretty stressed.

Im pretty much posting this as a warning to others who have failed ECU's after an APR flash who are considering asking APR for assistance with the failed part.

Wow thats crazy. Maybe ARIN can chime in and get this figured out.

artemk93

Ready to race!
APR has had my ECU for almost 2 weeks with no updates

That sucks man. I'm in the same boat, with a potentially dying ecu. Just talked with APR on the phone and was told that the process takes 3 days, but might take longer depending on the work load the guy fixing the ecu has. But 2 weeks is way too long, especially with no updates

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
That sucks man. I'm in the same boat, with a potentially dying ecu. Just talked with APR on the phone and was told that the process takes 3 days, but might take longer depending on the work load the guy fixing the ecu has. But 2 weeks is way too long, especially with no updates

haha its un friggin believable

artemk93

Ready to race!
haha its un friggin believable

Thinking if it would be more cost effective to get a used ECU, and get an immobilizer defeat by Unitronic and get their tune. Doesn't sound that cheap (800-1000), but 2 weeks without a car, plus ecu fix, plus shipping gets really expensive.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Thinking if it would be more cost effective to get a used ECU, and get an immobilizer defeat by Unitronic and get their tune. Doesn't sound that cheap (800-1000), but 2 weeks without a car, plus ecu fix, plus shipping gets really expensive.

fully agreed. If I could go back and do that I absolutely would.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Someone say friggen?

O boy I WISH I was dealing with a company as responsive and supportive of their customers as Frankenturbo.

im gonna keep bumping this thread because I genuinely dont know what else to do

Chris659

Ready to race!
This is perfect timing for me!!! I tried for weeks to contact them and they would never respond. I was about to give up on them but I don't have all the $$ for the software I want so I figured atleast get mine back to APR for now but after hearing this I may go with my gut and just move on

I called and wrote them last week again and they started responding today so truly perfect timing. Thanks for the heads up!

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

Uberryan

Banned
Seems to be in line with their current customer support speed regarding their "fantastic" new stage 1 and stage 2 versions... that are on their third beta now or some shit?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
anyone from APR please help me out. I have no idea what to do. Nobody Emails me back and nobody can tell me anything by phone.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't see any reason to ever be left in the dark. If the person on the phone can't help you they should find someone who can, or they should take your name and number and have someone get back to you. If the email arrives to the wrong to the wrong department it should be forwarded to someone that can help, and not just ignored.

It sounds like lazy customer service that doesn't give a shit.