GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Went to do the DIY intake today and found out I've got two hoses going into my intake instead of the one that I had assumed I had. I figure I'm good to put a breather filter on both hoses, but can anyone confirm this/send me some pictures of how they did it?

You are fine to put a breather on them both but I have never seen an adapter for the oil filter breather.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Went back to stock suspension. Kinda sad especially seeing how high the car sits, but rides pretty nice :) haha

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Got a new addition today, gonna install it when I get home

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hacking the ESP Button

Working on this tonight, so I can turn off ESP completely using the button.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87293

I have the AD ABS Pump, here is the Info on the changes

I still have to road test but the Golf is blocked in tonight.

BTW I don't recommend that anyone turn off the ESC, we are only doing this coz at the track the ESC comes on alot on slow corners. I wired the wheel speed sensors so I could disable the ESC system by turning them off by removing the power to the sensors. If this ESC hack works, I can remove the wiring as it does the same objective. When not on track, the ESC system in our Golf is always operational, as VW intended

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I've heard a lot of people doing this because the traction control won't let them spin the wheels if they get stuck in the snow. I did have an issue once in a slippery parking lot in Anchorage in my TDI. It was a bit of a dance to get the car to go without TCR killing power.

Curious why it only works up to 2011 MK6’s. Did something change in 2012 with the ESC? I don't think I can turn mine off all the way with the button from the factory and I believe my 2010 TDI and 2012 Golf had the exact same ESC button setup.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Working on this tonight, so I can turn off ESP completely using the button.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87293

I have the AD ABS Pump, here is the Info on the changes

I still have to road test but the Golf is blocked in tonight.

BTW I don't recommend that anyone turn off the ESC, we are only doing this coz at the track the ESC comes on alot on slow corners. I wired the wheel speed sensors so I could disable the ESC system by turning them off by removing the power to the sensors. If this ESC hack works, I can remove the wiring as it does the same objective. When not on track, the ESC system in our Golf is always operational, as VW intended
UPDATE: Working very well, I can turn off Traction Control as well as turn off ESC totally.

Now that we have accomplished this mod; we had received a notification that the AD version ABS pump had issues so I can now remove the custom wiring I had going to the sensor and take it in to VW. Should they replace the AD pump I will re-code for that one as well.

... Curious why it only works up to 2011 MK6’s. Did something change in 2012 with the ESC? I don't think I can turn mine off all the way with the button from the factory and I believe my 2010 TDI and 2012 Golf had the exact same ESC button setup.
The early MK6s (2009-2011) were based on the previous MK5s. Alot of changes were done with the introduction of the Updated (some say Down Graded) 2011 fuel efficient version (v2) of the MK6s. The higher gearbox gearing, the exhaust manifold and smaller diameter rear brake rotors were evident on some trim levels of the Golf 2.5s, I'm sure the electronic modules were changed as well.

EDIT: Since you have VCDS, you can recode the ESC Button. I tried it with VCDS tonight and ODB Eleven is alot easier by just turning on (1) Bit 3 of Byte 16; with VCDS you have to input the Hex Data number, in my case change from 30 to 38.

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Look, MLue, No more anchor wheels! I traded the stock Austin for some Fast fc04.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Look, MLue, No more anchor wheels! I traded the stock Austin for some Fast fc04.
:thumbsup: Those are super cool, FAST Wheels are a punching above their weight with flow form wheels, plus they are a Canadian company.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Just had my two front fenders replaced under the rust warranty. The issue is very widespread at the top of the wheel arch, it’s largly due to the foam insulation behind trapping salt and debris, and more TDi prone apparently. I noticed the paint peeling back when my car was on a friends lift a few months ago. I then saw the rust creeping under the paint at a certain angle, I pulled a bit of the paint off, it would have been off once the snow started anyways. I filled out the form on the VW site and got my appointment. The lady took one look and said it’s automatically covered in this area due to a service bulletin and high volume of claims in this area. She did pics and documented it, but, said it’s a formality and called their body shop of choice and booked me a time that day and had the fenders ordered. It was a four week wait only due to the Christmas and New Years holidays. I only lost my car for 2 days. I don’t have a pic of the rust, but, maybe 2 inches wide and 1/2 an inch tall at the top of each arch. Only surface rust as well, no perforation whatsoever.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion

Nice Vinnie!! Specs and weight? How many pounds a corner are you down now? I dropped 8 pounds a corner going from 18” OEM Thunder to 17” Goals and it was staggering!!

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
[emoji106] Those are super cool, FAST Wheels are a punching above their weight with flow form wheels, plus they are a Canadian company.
Thanks, can't wait to out these on, tho, I need some hub rings and conical bolts....

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Nice Vinnie!! Specs and weight? How many pounds a corner are you down now? I dropped 8 pounds a corner going from 18” OEM Thunder to 17” Goals and it was staggering!!
They are 18*8, et40, with 215/40/18 Hankook, ventus, v12

They are listed at 18.9 per rim, with tire on, I weighted them at 37lb approximately. Good or not bad? Let me know.