GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
ah; well to take a step back from my other post, it's all sooo subjective. i spent hours and hours researching different tires, comparing grip, stopping times, different comparison ratings, prices, available sizes, avaiability... and man. as far as grip goes, most tires in the category get similar numbers, so i wasn't too concerned. In the end, scouring through reviews, (and one guy will say 'omg bestest tires evurr' and another 'never get these i got a nail hole'. Threw my hands up and landed on these. So far, initial impressions have yielded, if nothing else, a definite quieter ride.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ah; well to take a step back from my other post, it's all sooo subjective. i spent hours and hours researching different tires, comparing grip, stopping times, different comparison ratings, prices, available sizes, avaiability... and man. as far as grip goes, most tires in the category get similar numbers, so i wasn't too concerned. In the end, scouring through reviews, (and one guy will say 'omg bestest tires evurr' and another 'never get these i got a nail hole'. Threw my hands up and landed on these. So far, initial impressions have yielded, if nothing else, a definite quieter ride.

If you like them now, you’ll like them a whole lot more when it gets warmer.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
When you want a shinly grill but also want the red stripe

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Still love the tires guys. Got to drive it all day dry yesterday. Found some good corners, tested out some 2-3 pulls, tires have really nice grip and a great amount of comfort.

Got my catback welded to the 3in adapter I had it slip fitted into; it was really loose and holy midpipe leak! That's long gone now and this exhaust is so quiet! Could almost pass for a stock car till you're at least 1/3-1/2 throttle, then it's smooth deep and not raspy. There's day 'basshits' instead of farts now.

Finally, gave it a good wash and installed the 6500k hid system. With the right adapters, I'm rethinking swapping out the projectors now. Amazing light output and a very decent cutoff line. Earlier last year I tried the same system but the bulb holders didn't work for shit and bulbs sat in the projectors all awkward; resulted in horrible cutoff, light leaking, overall spottiness and just pisspoor output.

PS, the trick for vws is to use a canbus his kit not the other kind, to avoid bulb out errors as well as keep them both on all the time - the other lesson learned last year was always having bulbs out and having to re-switch the lightswitch a bunch of times to get both lights on.

Funny enough, one of the R20 LED strips quit working so I just unplugged the LED strip on the other light to just eliminate the issue altogether. Kind of digging the look more without them to be honest, the individual LED look is starting to appear outdated honestly... What do you think?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ooh also just got my new OEM+ sway bar endlinks in. Will probably install those tomorrow with the rear sway bar! Exciiitiiiing. :D

This things coming together like some queers in a circle jerk...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Feels great to have all lights working. Had led switchback turn signals, one was always out. Fixed that. Had a license plate light out turns out just a bad connection. Finally fixed feel like I'm not in a jalopy anymore lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
New beefier sway bar endlinks all around + 24mm h&r rear sway transofrmed the ride and turning in characteristics of my car! So happy right now with this car over all. Will get an alignment and may get a little camber up front this week.

Again, beware of the superpros endlinks... No pic but the boots were all torn after less than 10k of medium use.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
fluidampr and the rest of the meth kit parts ordered :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Eanon headunit ordered. Going to use THAT for the torque app instead of a spare phone; really wanted to go that route but I just cannot find a place to cleanly make some sort of phone 'gauge pod' for it. This headunit will be kick-ass anyway (I hope)

Jaber

Modero
Eanon headunit ordered. Going to use THAT for the torque app instead of a spare phone; really wanted to go that route but I just cannot find a place to cleanly make some sort of phone 'gauge pod' for it. This headunit will be kick-ass anyway (I hope)

I got their Eonon 7153 last year. A month later they released new version with more RAM and newer Android :iono:

But I've been happy. Since I have t-mobile unlimited data, I create a hotspot for it and use Waze/Pandora. Torque app was a bit buggy, but I think it might of been the cheap BT dongle. It would constantly disconnect.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Good to know! How was the install?

And here's the big surprise... Too excited. Been wanting these for like 2 years lol. Have NEVER seen them in person but boy initial impression are:

DECENT quality, for the price of course.

They feel super solid, and like they weigh right around 25-30 lbs as advertised. I will weigh them and the stock seats tomorrow when I install. There's brackets which feel like a good 7 lbs each as well, but I'm anticipating close to a 50 lb weight drop on this car. The stock seats are definitely not this light

The 'leather' does feel nice, soft, leathery and hopefully durable. Really hoping now creases/tears/scuffs occur but we shall see

Great construction. No loose threads, misfitment, xyz. They LOOK top notch. The read leather is quite red, the red stitching is not so red (little light) and the carbon fiber bits feel a bit rubbery.

And finally, the hardest thing I was trying to ascertain pouring through review vids: they are decently comfy. Stiff, yes, but a little bit of plush as well. They fit my 36" waist perfectly and the legs are tight but boy, not bad at all. I'm sure long drives could change my mind but for a weekend toy these are kick-ass!!

Last edited: