GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Attention to all my friends and loved ones: PLEASE STAY INSIDE AND LOCK YOUR DOORS, today is the WEED DAY, there will be nothing but planned crimes all day today on the streets. Marinara addicts all around the world have collectively planned mass attacks on pedestrians by creating chem trails at street level all day by smoking chemicals into the air. Whatever you do do NOT open your door for anybody and if somebody asks you to "hey bro want to hit this bong toke" pepper spray them and call 911 immediately

Stay safe on international jazz lettuce day

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Attention to all my friends and loved ones: PLEASE STAY INSIDE AND LOCK YOUR DOORS, today is the WEED DAY, there will be nothing but planned crimes all day today on the streets. Marinara addicts all around the world have collectively planned mass attacks on pedestrians by creating chem trails at street level all day by smoking chemicals into the air. Whatever you do do NOT open your door for anybody and if somebody asks you to "hey bro want to hit this bong toke" pepper spray them and call 911 immediately

not trying to get my face chewed off thanks for the heads up

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Ohhhhhh. OK I get it now.

I thought your list was prep for a roadtrip. Cuz that's a pretty excellent roadtrip snack list.

Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

Dat marinara

Jaber

Modero

In4Funyons.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Think I’ve got my coilovers dialed in pretty well for the street. Good lord! These things are pretty amazing.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, man I hear ya. Gotta try this portillos you guys are always talking about.

its a toss up of what id say you should order.

-cheeseburger
-cheese fries

is what id start with...

then chicago hot dog, then italian beef with hot peppers.

or just get it all. :laugh:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I like Portillos, I think it's good.

I don't understand the crazed hype it seems to get from everyone NOT from Chicago tho. It's a chain fast food restaurant after all.

IMO it's like the In-N-Out hype. The people who RAVE about In-N-Out are never California natives or people that actually live there. At least Portillos is better than In-N-Out.

My Portillos go-to is the Beef-n-Cheddar croissant, BTW. And I'd avoid the Chocolate Cake Shake. A+ for idea but C- on execution since the straw gets clogged up with cake chunks. Stick with a regular chocolate shake, or chocolate malt (my preference).

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
If you want REAL Chicago?

90/94, coming into downtown from the south side (you'll be coming that way) - exit at Roosevelt. Left on Roosevelt, cross the highway, take the next left. Keep to the right side. Street parking.

Yellow building, "Maxwell Express". Not "Jim's Original" though it's not BAD.... just that "Express" is better IMO. Walk up building. Order a Polish, mustard, easy onions, comes with fries, coke. Eat at the little tray on the side of the building OR eat it in your car so you can smell the smells the rest of the afternoon. You're welcome.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
If you want REAL Chicago?

90/94, coming into downtown from the south side (you'll be coming that way) - exit at Roosevelt. Left on Roosevelt, cross the highway, take the next left. Keep to the right side. Street parking.

Yellow building, "Maxwell Express". Not "Jim's Original" though it's not BAD.... just that "Express" is better IMO. Walk up building. Order a Polish, mustard, easy onions, comes with fries, coke. Eat at the little tray on the side of the building OR eat it in your car so you can smell the smells the rest of the afternoon. You're welcome.

^ Place is awesome, been going there since I was a kid with my dad. Agree with everything except the mustard. Mustard sucks

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
^ Place is awesome, been going there since I was a kid with my dad. Agree with everything except the mustard. Mustard sucks

It's the Polish and onions that's the key. Yellow mustard just gives it a little bit of a kick.

If you want more, and don't want another Polish.... I'd recommend the chicken sammich w/BBQ sauce. Not very exciting but it's a good slab of grilled chicken with a nice char on it.

I can also recommend the pork chop sammich. Note they leave the bone in the chop, gotta eat around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.