GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THROTTLE BODY UPGRADE (or replace)

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Then try it out. If you are serious about tuning pro tune is always the best way to go.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Was just about to say that...planned on going cobb eventually. The flexibility they offer to change the tunes is way more appealing then being stuck with a company that doesn't want to work with you period.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Was just about to say that...planned on going cobb eventually. The flexibility they offer to change the tunes is way more appealing then being stuck with a company that doesn't want to work with you period.
Got that right.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Also Arin told me he thinks the throttle can be closed down to or around 70% without feeling a difference in power output. This was for the people who said when they went wot with this new tb and saw the throttle body percentage at 92%

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I knew this was gonna happen lol I was eager to confirm what I was thinking from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I knew this was gonna happen lol I was eager to confirm what I was thinking from the start.

Pretty much I'll will be switching to cobb in a few months and will just give apr the finger when that happens.

FriggenT1

Banned
Also Arin told me he thinks the throttle can be closed down to or around 70% without feeling a difference in power output. This was for the people who said when they went wot with this new tb and saw the throttle body percentage at 92%

We know arin is never wrong either :clap:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
seriously these cars have no 'lag' lol. It's not the 80's anymore. Stock turbo, K04 you pin the throttle and say hello full boost. Maybe bigger turbos i can see a marginal 'lag' but come on haha

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
seriously these cars have no 'lag' lol. It's not the 80's anymore. Stock turbo, K04 you pin the throttle and say hello full boost. Maybe bigger turbos i can see a marginal 'lag' but come on haha

These cars have lag until 3k and more when heat soaked. And the DSG sometimes stays like thinking which gear to downshift to from 2nd to almost 1st gear there's like a sort of dead spot where you have to mash the pedal to force it to downshift to first but then u get some good ol wheel spin lol.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
United Motorsports does great tuning, FYI.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

There is no close UM tuner by me plus they are hella expensive compared to cobb.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
These cars have lag until 3k and more when heat soaked. And the DSG sometimes stays like thinking which gear to downshift to from 2nd to almost 1st gear there's like a sort of dead spot where you have to mash the pedal to force it to downshift to first but then u get some good ol wheel spin lol.

intercooler+water/meth FTW. Heatsoak is a thing of the past, at least for me.

Also to stir the pot... Should have bought a manual :fighting0030: :cool:

Chris659

Ready to race!

I'm assuming that what is being considered lag is not Turbo lag but throttle response lag. Electronically controlled throttle has some lag in response. With this unit's revised tps its supposed to improve that much like a "pedal box" would but without the selectable options.

I can't say this from experience as I don't receive my TB till later today and it'll be a lil bit before install happens as our area is still recooking from Irma.

Maybe someone here can correct me if I'm wrong