GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THROTTLE BODY UPGRADE (or replace)

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
intercooler+water/meth FTW. Heatsoak is a thing of the past, at least for me.

Also to stir the pot... Should have bought a manual :fighting0030: :cool:

i have intercooler and I'm happy with the shifting speed and power the dsg can hold compared to the manual.

I had water meth but it almost hydro locked my engine so i removed the whole kit.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I have turbo lag and love it. Torque is useless if it comes all at once and you can't put it to the ground.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I have turbo lag and love it. Torque is useless if it comes all at once and you can't put it to the ground.

Agreed, I specifically chose a single scroll BT for this reason, instant spool roasts tires. Add some lag, a proper intercooler size, wide tires and every suspension/chassis possible and you keep the power down. In terms of turbo "lag", keep in mind that certain intercoolers can potentially take longer to fill or increase boost pressure when transitioning from off throttle (vacuum) to on throttle (boost). This was evident with the Forge twin cooler which is an add-on intercooler. With my Pag Parts true FMIC, the car has the best response.

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
Agreed, I specifically chose a single scroll BT for this reason, instant spool roasts tires. Add some lag, a proper intercooler size, wide tires and every suspension/chassis possible and you keep the power down. In terms of turbo "lag", keep in mind that certain intercoolers can potentially take longer to fill or increase boost pressure when transitioning from off throttle (vacuum) to on throttle (boost). This was evident with the Forge twin cooler which is an add-on intercooler. With my Pag Parts true FMIC, the car has the best response.

Okay. I'm still waiting on your review for this upgraded Throttle Body. Any thoughts on it? Is it worth the money for a bit quicker acceleration?

Chris659

Ready to race!
Got mine installed and did an adaptation. Ive had 2 stalls so far in about 100 miles. Once yesterday and once today. Today was as soon as I put it in reverse, it died. Started back up and then drove through stop n go and highway traffic for 35 miles with no issue. I don't know.

I've had a boost leak (green o ring) for the last few weeks and that was addressed at the same time as the tb install so can't say what kind of difference I notice in power. In responsiveness, it is noticeable. It makes it feel more like an old school throttle cable equipped car. You move the pedal, you feel the response instantly. No hesitation or thinking about it anymore. Even on very small throttle inputs at low rpm, you feel instant response.

I'll see what a revision of my tune will do in the next few weeks

As far as worth the money, at this point with how much I've spent (and many on here are way deeper in it than me) it's worth it. For others, with how little of a gain, there would be other things that I'd do first then leave this for last. Unless you're tracking the car and throttle input is key.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the new throttle body now is going to make me go back to the OEM throttle pipe as the new silicon coupler is making the pipe rub with the cooling fan under load. I already tried to adjust it twice and no luck. It’s because of the APR intercooler. What a waste of money for my neuspeed pipe. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkells

Ready to race!
Looks like the new throttle body now is going to make me go back to the OEM throttle pipe as the new silicon coupler is making the pipe rub with the cooling fan under load. I already tried to adjust it twice and no luck. It’s because of the APR intercooler. What a waste of money for my neuspeed pipe. [emoji31]

Make sure youre throttle body coupler is seated ALL the way up. And use a ratchet instead of a screw driving and torque that thing down. I had the same issue where it was rubbing my radiator fan. But doing that fixed it and it hasn't moved since.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Should be buying one of these soon since I just bought a Cobb Ap today. Would of bought one today but the cobb ap and osram headlights made my pockets a little light.

jkells

Ready to race!
Done and done but still moving and rubbing

I'm telling ya man. You have to get that connector seated all the way on top of the throttle body. It will pull that charge pipe away from the fan. And you have to torqued it down like CRAZY. I had the exact same issue. And it kept vibrating off. You have to make sure it is extremely tight.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I'm telling ya man. You have to get that connector seated all the way on top of the throttle body. It will pull that charge pipe away from the fan. And you have to torqued it down like CRAZY. I had the exact same issue. And it kept vibrating off. You have to make sure it is extremely tight.

Trust me lol it’s all the way up the lip and torqued till it can’t no more lol

jkells

Ready to race!
Trust me lol it’s all the way up the lip and torqued till it can’t no more lol

But I have the neuspeed pipes and I have no issue whatsoever. Trying pulling it up and tightening on the charge pipe side too. Send pics.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
But I have the neuspeed pipes and I have no issue whatsoever. Trying pulling it up and tightening on the charge pipe side too. Send pics.

What intercooler you have?

Gonna try again tomorrow if I don’t get too busy.

jkells

Ready to race!
What intercooler you have?

Gonna try again tomorrow if I don’t get too busy.

Your intercooler shouldn't be pushing your fans into your charge pipes. I have a CTS intercooler and its rather large.