GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Sooooo many people over drive with trailers!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is towing legal in the left lane in illinois ? gets me pretty cheezed off when im stuck behind someone towing (even if they are going at or above speed limit) ..makes passing harder/cant see around them.

common sense tells me it shouldnt be legal but who knows #illinois

Yowza. Anyone have good recommendations on a trailer for race cars? best bang for buck of course lol.

Any trailer that is far less than
your vehicles towing capacity.

just because it can, doesnt mean it should.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Oh dang, I bet PTAK has dirt on him. either personally interacted or knows people who has... in4deets

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
"What, you mean not everyone's dad buys a $70M Ferrari? "

BUT DAD I WANTED THE RED ONE NOT THE YELLOW ONE!

Oh dang, I bet PTAK has dirt on him. either personally interacted or knows people who has... in4deets

PTAK on the ATTACK :eek:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Is towing legal in the left lane in illinois ? gets me pretty cheezed off when im stuck behind someone towing (even if they are going at or above speed limit) ..makes passing harder/cant see around them.

common sense tells me it shouldnt be legal but who knows #illinois

I don't believe there are any restrictions.

Trailering is almost like motorcycles. If everybody on both sides would be respectful, the whole thing goes smoothly.

Trucks with trailers parked in the left lane, or overall just driving like assholes suck. But so do people who feel they NEED to be IN FRONT no matter what. So many times I'm cruising along in the middle lane, cruise control set to 70-75 (usually ~5-10 over), and somebody HAS to be in front of me.... only to immediately slow down once in front. People who will RIP around me to my left only to DIVE down back in front of me to make their off-ramp.... when they could have just tucked in behind... and in the end they actually gained nothing.

I'll say this much: trailering is what ultimately makes me NOT miss motorcycling. The # of times I was cut off, hard, while in my 2500HD Diesel pulling a 28' enclosed.... rolling down the road at 16,000lbs.... and have to go into fucking ABS because some cnut was too busy playing with her hair...

If she didn't see me in that thing... I'd have been a pavement smear on 2 wheels.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I don't believe there are any restrictions.

Trailering is almost like motorcycles. If everybody on both sides would be respectful, the whole thing goes smoothly.

Trucks with trailers parked in the left lane, or overall just driving like assholes suck. But so do people who feel they NEED to be IN FRONT no matter what. So many times I'm cruising along in the middle lane, cruise control set to 70-75 (usually ~5-10 over), and somebody HAS to be in front of me.... only to immediately slow down once in front. People who will RIP around me to my left only to DIVE down back in front of me to make their off-ramp.... when they could have just tucked in behind... and in the end they actually gained nothing.

I'll say this much: trailering is what ultimately makes me NOT miss motorcycling. The # of times I was cut off, hard, while in my 2500HD Diesel pulling a 28' enclosed.... rolling down the road at 16,000lbs.... and have to go into fucking ABS because some cnut was too busy playing with her hair...

If she didn't see me in that thing... I'd have been a pavement smear on 2 wheels.

Oh i bet driving a trailer is a PITA. Ive seen the way people drive infront of semi trucks, id imagine they do the same if not worse bad habits infront of your vehicle.

It'd be nice to see trailers/semis not be allowed to use left lane. 90 has seperate speed limit for trucks for just that reason imo. I think i just need to move to europe were left lane is passing lane only honestly..probably only way ill not be a grump ass on the road. :lol:

16,000 lbs worth of load? geez that doesnt sound fun at all. cant imagine the wear on the brakes .

Agreed on motorcycles, ill respect them if they are being respectful. Nothing worse than a motorcylist in the left lane going way too slow. If you want to cruise thats fine, but do it out of the fast lane. I still wont tailgate a biker thats pissing me off though...thats just plain rude/disrespectful to the rider. i cant stand when i see people tailing bikes closely.

big pants , little wheels, Big Brother magazine, was a dark time in skateboarding.

Edit: just watched the trailer - I don't think I could actually watch that.
Lol i hear ya, but it was an important part of skateboarding as well. everything changed once flip tricks were put into the mix. the world wasnt ready for the things skaters were gonna tear up. so many ledges that were perfect back then that now would never be built and or skate stoppers. You can tell builders keep skaters in mind when they build stairsets now :lol:

yeah not sure how i feel about the trailer, its a bit over the top. i was never really a punk like they portrayed.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
16,000 lbs worth of load? geez that doesnt sound fun at all. cant imagine the wear on the brakes .

Well the trailer also has brakes....

But the total weight potential is why you buy the 2500+ trucks. Everything is bigger, including brakes. Even if you can pull the same weight with the 1500, the 2500 or 3500 will do everything better.

What really kills me are the idiots going down the road in their Ferd Exploder with a massively over-weighted trailer. "It accelerates just fine! It's got the five-oh Murica motor!" Yeah but good luck stopping... or steering...

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.