GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Food in new york is the bomb.com probably rivals chicago food

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Rival"? I might be able to agree to that?

I've had some good food in NYC.

Wife and I went to BLT for seafood for our 5th wedding anniversary. Was really good.

Each time I'm stuck there for business I seem to find myself in some Italian restaurants... and haven't found a bad one. Very fresh and authentic.

But also, some of the places I went to, referred to me by coworkers who are die-hard NYC people... I left feeling "meh". Katz's Deli.... I get there's history and all... but I didn't come away thinking "OMG". It took me damn near 45 minutes to walk there from my hotel, too.

Same with some pizza place, ALL of my coworkers said "best slice in the city". It was the typical "NY Style" (which I also consider to be "race track style"). I mean, it was tasty. I wouldn't say it caused me to make a mess in my shorts tho.

So rival, or on-par, with Chicago.... it's a valid debate that likely has no concrete conclusion.

NYC still sucks tho. Hate that place.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
have you tried the pizza yet

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Aside from seeing some road rage, I thought the people were way more friendly in nyc. So many less bums begging than Chicago too.

I'll say I don't recall seeing many bums each time I was in NYC. Tho I also figured since I spent most of my time in downtown or midtown, it was probably too expensive to even be homeless there lol.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
We stayed in chinatown and then lower Manhattan. Both neighborhoods were well off the beaten path away from the tourist sections.

Had a few really good slices, one of the best steaks I've ever had, some halal street pita, pastrami sandwich

Food was so on point. To be fair we did a bit of research picking out spots.

The only thing I didnt like was the trash on the streets. Other than that I loved the city.

Jaber

Modero
I used it this morning.

Definitely driving at DEFCON 2 tho, watching for idiots opting to sprint out in front of me.

I almost had a code brown driving home yesterday.

Guy towing his racecar with an enclosed trailer decided to run with the left lane peeps, only he was tailgating the car in front of him and going pretty damn fast. One moment he was a small dot in my mirrors, next he's 2 cars behind me. Well, someone got pulled over, so naturally all the lanes come to a stop and as I start to slow down I look to see where this mofo with the trailer is, sure enough he cannot stop and just barely avoids smashing all of us and dives into the shoulder. Luckily the traffic stop was on the opposite side, otherwise that could of ended horribly. Despite this near accident, once traffic started to flow again, he was back at it, trying to get somewhere fast. :smh:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Guy towing his racecar with an enclosed trailer decided to run with the left lane peeps, only he was tailgating the car in front of him and going pretty damn fast. One moment he was a small dot in my mirrors, next he's 2 cars behind me. Well, someone got pulled over, so naturally all the lanes come to a stop and as I start to slow down I look to see where this mofo with the trailer is, sure enough he cannot stop and just barely avoids smashing all of us and dives into the shoulder. Luckily the traffic stop was on the opposite side, otherwise that could of ended horribly. Despite this near accident, once traffic started to flow again, he was back at it, trying to get somewhere fast. :smh:

Sooooo many people over drive with trailers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
Sooooo many people over drive with trailers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really need to setup my dashcam.

Yesterday morning on I90 there was a beat up Chevy 2500HD towing a trailer with a bobcat and misc construction tools. Thing could barely go over 45. As I get closer to it, I kind of see why. The driver front wheel was wobbling like crazy. Icing on the cake, the tarp they put over the equipment was about to fly off. I floored it and put a lot of distance :laugh:As I passd the truck, I looked over to see who was driving it and it was a small young lady, white knuckling the steering wheel. :eek: She looked pretty terrified.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yikes.

Yeah, saw a rather large boat being towed on our way back from Seneca this past weekend - dude was legit doing 85mph on country backroads.

Got through about 80% of the IMSA race - looked like a wild one, love it. Makes me miss driving at RA so much. Will watch rest today or tomorrow. For a guy who grew up with a silver spoon and has the privilege of being a race car driver, Cooper MacNeil seems like a pretty down to earth and cool guy. I remember when he drove BMW, then Porsche, and most local / shop people had good things to say about him. Glad to see him having success.

It's wild - both Max Chilton and Tom Chilton are the sons of an ex-Aon group CEO.. must be nice! lol

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yowza. Anyone have good recommendations on a trailer for race cars? best bang for buck of course lol.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

I cant believe the number of people I see driving recklessly while towing a trailer. Just a giant flail that could swing around and destroy another car. Especially if it is unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.