GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
300k = mansion?

There's some nice stuff off of Binnie Rd, true, and Big Timber. Mansion doe?

:iono:

Just call me a suburban snob I guess. IMO you gotta be above 6k sqft to be considered "mansion" territory. Otherwise it's just a big/nice house.

I always considered square footage the defining factor for a mansion.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

oh wow

300k = mansion?

Just call me a suburban snob I guess. IMO you gotta be above 6k sqft to be considered "mansion" territory. Otherwise it's just a big/nice house.

6k is massive, a true mansion, yeah. Otherwise its more they would be considered McMansions perhaps, lol. Not a true one, but a good 3-5k sq ft, etc

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Not far off tbh^, prices have been climbing as the area is being built up.

Some things id like to see...2 lane big timber road, Tyrell road exit...

the amount of warehouses they put up created a lot of local jobs. randall road used to not be a stoplight every 500 feet which was nice.

oh wow

meh

I member when Randall Rd. was a 2-lane road from 90 up past Algonquin, and Algonquin/Randall was a stop sign. When they put the gas station in on the corner (which is now an abandoned bank) we couldn't figure out why the fuck they'd put a gas station in the middle of nowhere like that.

Then when they widened it, it became the bestest wheelie road around. Then they put shopping malls and stoplights in and ruined it.

But I agree.... seems prices are finally starting to rebound a bit. I made good money on my Huntley townhouse when I sold it in 2006. Today it's Zillow estimate is what I sold it for 12 years ago. For a while it's value sunk down under what I paid for it... so the woman who bought it off of me likely lost her butt.

My current place in Huntley is finally up a little. It's above what I paid for it (bought it in FC) but below what it assessed for when I bought it in 2009.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
oh wow

6k is massive, a true mansion, yeah. Otherwise its more they would be considered McMansions perhaps, lol. Not a true one, but a good 3-5k sq ft, etc

I wouldn't call it McMansion status until it hits 4,000 sqft.

yep. it has been found out..

primarily through #EternalTireKickerGate2K12andOn

Trust fund and only drives a GTI? #doingitwrong

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i hear that , Jamz. Lady who bought my condo in 2007 got murdered on that value - she also reno'd the whole thing.. I'd say she probably lost a good 75-100k all in.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow, PTAK truly is a burb house snob, wow yeah. ;)

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Ended up getting the wife an Subaru Ascent Limited. It beat out the Pathfinder, Highlander, 4Runner and Atlas, in our opinion.

Its actually super fun to drive.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I member when Randall Rd. was a 2-lane road from 90 up past Algonquin, and Algonquin/Randall was a stop sign. When they put the gas station in on the corner (which is now an abandoned bank) we couldn't figure out why the fuck they'd put a gas station in the middle of nowhere like that.

Then when they widened it, it became the bestest wheelie road around. Then they put shopping malls and stoplights in and ruined it.

But I agree.... seems prices are finally starting to rebound a bit. I made good money on my Huntley townhouse when I sold it in 2006. Today it's Zillow estimate is what I sold it for 12 years ago. For a while it's value sunk down under what I paid for it... so the woman who bought it off of me likely lost her butt.

My current place in Huntley is finally up a little. It's above what I paid for it (bought it in FC) but below what it assessed for when I bought it in 2009.

*Route 20 right when you pass randall is a nightmare at 5pm, thanks providence neighborhood and 1 lane. They put in a cheezy beef next to maccianos over there..wasnt as good as st charles though.

*Randall road exit off 90 also backs way up sometimes which is never fun. Sitting stopped in the exit lane with semis flying by at 80 mph . :yikes:

*Route 72 by leafs ice centre there is a new light i cant stand.

Just in general trying to get down randall road towards algonquin around rush hour is a nightmare.

Used to be able to haul down 20 like it was an expressway years back, now people treat it like a side road.

Your values should go up soon...it depends though..i read an article saying "larger family" homes are less in demand since people arent popping out kids like they used to. less need for more bedrooms etc.

If i have to stay in this state id like to go out towards sycamore

oh wow, PTAK truly is a burb house snob, wow yeah. ;)
Dated a girl once who lived in a legit mansion. was crazy.

tldr her grandpa or something like that invented precious moments™
Ended up getting the wife an Subaru Ascent Limited. It beat out the Pathfinder, Highlander, 4Runner and Atlas, in our opinion.

nice, im surprised you liked it more than a 4runner

Jaber

Modero
300k = mansion?

TRU. But they're close enough, with basements, they're up there.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

NOICE. how much hp? they seem awesome. Dem 19 cup holders doe.

Check the recalls.

:lol: 9 cars sold in the US are affected... brand new cars given.

Lol, no roof recall for us. apparently the 1% it affected are getting new cars.

^

TRU. But they're close enough, with basements, they're up there.

^

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
My illinois dream "farm" property is 44 plank road.

Recently sold for $450k.

Mainly cause the fenced in lot/privacy. Fully gated/fenced. Huge lot. When those trees grow in gonna be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.