GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What do you love about the burbs?

Like i said, Parkers in downers grove, Bouillabaisse

*Jonah Crab, Scallops, Calamari, Manila Clams, Mussels, Shrimp and Fin Fish, Saffron Tomato Broth, with Classic Rouille*

:iono:

they like hating. saying o wow, yeah.

we should be asking what pssmkillr likes about central new hampshire ? a bit nippy up there aye?

what i picture..

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I'm moving to Oregon most likely. Not 100%. Need to find a job out that way and make sure it's got some tracks within 3 hours or so

You're a car guy.

PacNW is not for you. Unless by "car guy" you self identify as a 48 year old lesbian who enjoys her Subaru Forester. NTTAWTT.

I lived in Seattle. It's beautiful. Green. Mountains. Temperate weather. I remember taking a motorcycle ride on New Year's Day... because I could. Did a lot of group motorcycle rides into Oregon chasing the Cascade Mountain range.

But there is NO car culture. They all hate cars up there. Evil environment destroying pollution spurting symbols of capitalism.

Racetracks... you have Portland International Raceway outside Portland. You have Pacific Raceway, south end of Seattle area.

Otherwise... you're driving into Cali. More than 3 hours. It's ~5 hours from Portland just to the CA border. I think the track that's the most north would be Thunderhill - and you're talking ~8 hours from Portland.

I know we've all been negative around here.... but just relaying my experience. It was really a culture shock to me when I moved there since most everything I like to do in my spare time centers around cars. So used to Chicago.... autocrosses and track days just about every weekend.

Out there, they're almost unheard of.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
You're a car guy.

PacNW is not for you. Unless by "car guy" you self identify as a 48 year old lesbian who enjoys her Subaru Forester.

I lived in Seattle. It's beautiful. Green. Mountains. Temperate weather. I remember taking a motorcycle ride on New Year's Day... because I could. Did a lot of group motorcycle rides into Oregon chasing the Cascade Mountain range.

But there is NO car culture. They all hate cars up there. Evil environment destroying pollution spurting symbols of capitalism.

Racetracks... you have Portland International Raceway outside Portland. You have Pacific Raceway, south end of Seattle area.

Otherwise... you're driving into Cali. More than 3 hours. It's ~5 hours from Portland just to the CA border. I think the track that's the most north would be Thunderhill - and you're talking ~8 hours from Portland.

I know we've all been negative around here.... but just relaying my experience. It was really a culture shock to me when I moved there since most everything I like to do in my spare time centers around cars. So used to Chicago.... autocrosses and track days just about every weekend.

Oh wow straight from the source

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I took this of my old Mk4 (note the ACCCC sticker!) along the OR coast, a few hours south of Portland.

It's beautiful, don't get me wrong. The coastal and mountain drives were awesome.

But I was pretty much alone in my enjoyment of driving.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Something about the ocean tho. I could sit and stare at it for hours. I wish California wasn't so F'ed up. Moving there would be a no-brainer for me then.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You're a car guy.

PacNW is not for you. Unless by "car guy" you self identify as a 48 year old lesbian who enjoys her Subaru Forester. NTTAWTT.

Yeah I figured I'd be going to cali a lot for the tracks. That's not the worst thing in the world. Aside from working on peoples cars, I don't really do a lot of car culture stuff. Shows and c&c are ok once in a while but I don't go to a lot of that. I guess I would miss having car friends though.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: Burbs Snobbery Breaks All Time High; Duck Lips Selfie Resurgence Assoc.

Something about the ocean tho. I could sit and stare at it for hours. I wish California wasn't so F'ed up. Moving there would be a no-brainer for me then.

That’s one thing I miss a lot. Grew up near the beach. Oh someday

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

wow, very nice. i didnt know you lived in seatle. So you came here for a job or?

Also didnt know you had a mk4.

Agreed on California, if it was filled with hipsters and kooks it'd maybe be more appealing. Arizona is very nice if you can manage the heat.

Orange beach Alabama burbs looks very nice, a bit pricey obviously the more towards the water.

Yeah I figured I'd be going to cali a lot for the tracks. That's not the worst thing in the world. Aside from working on peoples cars, I don't really do a lot of car culture stuff. Shows and c&c are ok once in a while but I don't go to a lot of that. I guess I would miss having car friends though.

i go to C&C events once in awhile just to get off my lazy ass. Wake up early, grab a coffee..get in some sun/exercise walking around the show, then head off to lunch or run errands while out. Nice little time. I think i'd probably attend autox frequently if they werent all day..they are fun with car buddies no doubt.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Yeah... car culture in general just isn't there.

PCA out there was 100% social events. They did one "car show" a year, otherwise, it was all group dinners and wine tastings.

I actually got back into bikes when I was out there because the scene was bigger. Still nothing in the way of track or competitive events... but after a while, even introverted me needed friends. Since cars were not a thing out there, I fell back on bikes for a bit.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah... car culture in general just isn't there.

PCA out there was 100% social events. They did one "car show" a year, otherwise, it was all group dinners and wine tastings.

I actually got back into bikes when I was out there because the scene was bigger. Still nothing in the way of track or competitive events... but after a while, even introverted me needed friends. Since cars were not a thing out there, I fell back on bikes for a bit.

I've already concluded that I'm going to have a hard time making friends pretty much anywhere so that's not too far off from what I was already expecting.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
wow, very nice. i didnt know you lived in seatle. So you came here for a job or?

Also didnt know you had a mk4.

Agreed on California, if it was filled with hipsters and kooks it'd maybe be more appealing. Arizona is very nice if you can manage the heat.

I left Chicago for Seattle for a job. Wound up back here though after a couple years.

I've had a couple VW's. Had an old 16v gen-1 Passat. My first brand-new car was a 2000 Jetta GL (man pedal and even man crank windows). My BIL has it now - over 400k on it. Then had a few trucks, before getting into my 2003 GTI 1.8T.

That GTI was a great car. Pretty well loaded car. 5sp, leather, sunroof, even had ESP which I was told was very rare. It also had the Monsoon audio tho I yanked all that out for a system of my own. I had the ECS Stage 2 (Porsche) brakes on it, Revo tune, Evo Sports short shifter, ramz, springs and shocks. Was a great car. My dad still has it as his winter beater. 250k on it now.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
That’s one thing I miss a lot. Grew up near the beach. Oh someday

What's weird is... whenever I go back to LA for work... every night, once the day is over... I drive down the hill to Malibu and sit on the beach until it gets totally dark, just watching and listening.

My co-workers (most of them grew up in SoCal) don't get it. They want to know what's so exciting about staring at water.

:iono:

Jaber

Modero
i go to C&C events once in awhile just to get off my lazy ass. Wake up early, grab a coffee..get in some sun/exercise walking around the show, then head off to lunch or run errands while out. Nice little time. I think i'd probably attend autox frequently if they werent all day..they are fun with car buddies no doubt.

Define every once in a while :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.