GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Wrapping up Q4 planning today... what a PITA. Code freeze for the year happens in October. People trying to jam in last minute requirements, and don't like being told that their stupid thing they want is not important enough to the business to trump other things.

It's like dealing with a room full of 3 year olds being told they can't have the ice cream.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Wrapping up Q4 planning today... what a PITA. Code freeze for the year happens in October. People trying to jam in last minute requirements, and don't like being told that their stupid thing they want is not important enough to the business to trump other things.

It's like dealing with a room full of 3 year olds being told they can't have the ice cream.

Do we have the exact same job? Sure sounds like it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Do we have the exact same job? Sure sounds like it.

My patience is definitely wearing thin.

"I want this. I've been asking for it for the last 2 months."
- Well, not enough resources left to get it in

"Fine, I'll go to SVP level"
- You go right ahead. You're going to have to explain to him how this thing you want, that offers no business value other than making your life a smidge bit easier, is going to trump things that are going to generate revenue in Q4.

"I'll do that!"
- I'll be waiting.

jay745

My patience is definitely wearing thin.

"I want this. I've been asking for it for the last 2 months."
- Well, not enough resources left to get it in

"Fine, I'll go to SVP level"
- You go right ahead. You're going to have to explain to him how this thing you want, that offers no business value other than making your life a smidge bit easier, is going to trump things that are going to generate revenue in Q4.

"I'll do that!"
- I'll be waiting.

Do your OPS teams make every molehill a mountain like mine do?

Confirmed we have the exact same job.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
A bit busy today, trying best to keep up...

DSG is an automanual with paddle shifters....

just like

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
dsgs are automatically lame

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Confirmed we have the exact same job.

#brohug

I feel you man. I feel you.

It does get a little bit fun when someone with a bigger title than you tries to push you around #becausetitle and in the end, THEY are the one who gets their puppy kicked. Love hearing those conversations. "And what did Omni tell you? Mmm hmm. And you disagree with him because why? Mmm hmm. Well, I really think Omni is in the right here. We're going to keep the Q4 roadmap as-is unless you can show me how this will generate $x,xxx,xxx in revenue for us in the next 12 weeks."

Last edited:

jay745

#brohug

I feel you man. I feel you.

It does get a little bit fun when someone with a bigger title than you tries to push you around #becausetitle and in the end, THEY are the one who gets their puppy kicked. Love hearing those conversations. "And what did Ptak tell you? Mmm hmm. And you disagree with him because why? Mmm hmm. Well, I really think Ptak is in the right here. We're going to keep the Q4 roadmap as-is unless you can show me how this will generate $x,xxx,xxx in revenue for us in the next 12 weeks."

Reported for using real names.

But yeah. I work for a large company globally but North America is a small division. I'm 2nd in line in north america and report direct to the COO so I don't have to deal with the honchos thinking they can go above me. My boss sides with me any time they try to "escalate" things to him.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Reported for using real names.

But yeah. I work for a large company globally but North America is a small division. I'm 2nd in line in north america and report direct to the COO so I don't have to deal with the honchos thinking they can go above me. My boss sides with me any time they try to "escalate" things to him.

You need to leave so you can make Ptak P-car money

jay745

You need to leave so you can make Ptak P-car money

Yeah the time is past due to leave. Been at this company 19 years. They keep throwing me money whenever I try to leave though. 6 weeks PTO is hard to walk away from too. I took over the development for our property division this year and have showed a substantial ROI to them. Being told "october is your month" so I'm going to wait and see what that means. Definitely not far off from cayman territory in the next few years though. Honestly not having a car payment at this point is nice and my gti is pretty sorted at this point. I just want to drive that for a few seasons. I'm going to be getting a better daily at some point in the near future though.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I haven't asked here because I don't think many are into tracking etc..

But why not.. Getting aligned and corner balance tomorrow. Probably going to request -3 camber in front, -2.5 in rear. 0 toe.

Thoughts?

My *guess* would be 0 toe, or maybe a little toe OUT since FWD and better chance the wheels will want to "pull" forward under power while turning? (Is toe deflection common with the Mk6 under power?)

How much rear toe?

-3 is a lot of camber up front, gonna tear up tires outside of the track. Tho if you have soft springs, you'll get a bit of roll, so you might use up that -3. Do you have camber plates? Are you sure you can get -3?

Status
Not open for further replies.