GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK6 GTI Owner, Wondering what to do with my car

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
For the interior, one of the first things I did was get a pair of these logos for the seat height levers. A couple of bucks on eBay, and they perfectly fill those spots that look like something was supposed to go there.

Someone mentioned interior LEDs... I recommend red footwell LEDs. You can get other colors, but red matches the rest of the interior lighting and looks more natural. $twenty-something maybe?

Did these mods to my interior and love it. Just replaced the footwells with the red LEDs from deautokey to replace the crappy spotty bluish-white look. So much better looking and I feel more warming/visually appealing for night time driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Are those red footwell lights just plug in play or do you need an adapter of some sort?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Surprised nobody has mentioned Motor/Trans mounts. If I could do everything over again that would have been one of the first things I did. Also skip stage 1 and go right to stage 2 with a downpipe.

BUT before you do anything... invest in a GOOD set of tires. That's hands down the most important thing you can do.
Summer tires if at all possible. All seasons suck.. I can't wait to get a dedicated set of winter and summer tires.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Ok, so without getting a response as to whether to not they are plug in play, because deautokey is currently offering a 15% discount to order, I bought them but decided to go with blue instead of red. I think the blue compliments the red from the screenshot on deautokey. Red might be a bit overkill but I'm not saying it's bad because I do like the pictures you posted. I just want to see how the blue offsets with the red. Looks pretty sick in the pictures. I'll try to post here when I get em installed.

Cool.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so without getting a response as to whether to not they are plug in play, because deautokey is currently offering a 15% discount to order, I bought them but decided to go with blue instead of red. I think the blue compliments the red from the screenshot on deautokey. Red might be a bit overkill but I'm not saying it's bad because I do like the pictures you posted. I just want to see how the blue offsets with the red. Looks pretty sick in the pictures. I'll try to post here when I get em installed.

Cool.

No adapter needed, plug-n-play and maintains the dimmer function.

Here's photos from my install:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hg3szkMUQJSGvrQP6

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

torga

Autocross Champion
+1 for a Stage 1 tune
--- Even just a Stage 1 transforms the car; it breathes a bit of life into it. I've got a GIAC tune.

+1 for a short shifter & weighted shift knob
--- One of my favorite first upgrades to do on a car. Nothing beats the feel of solid, butter-smooth shifts.

If you go for a tune, you'll eventually need some nice, sticky tires. Sticker than stock, anyway. Gotta put the power down somehow. Then I'd go for suspension upgrades.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
+1 for a Stage 1 tune
--- Even just a Stage 1 transforms the car; it breathes a bit of life into it. I've got a GIAC tune.

+1 for a short shifter & weighted shift knob
--- One of my favorite first upgrades to do on a car. Nothing beats the feel of solid, butter-smooth shifts.

If you go for a tune, you'll eventually need some nice, sticky tires. Sticker than stock, anyway. Gotta put the power down somehow. Then I'd go for suspension upgrades.

I remember the day I got APR Stg1 tune. I get back into my car after the technician showed me how to change the different modes and whatnot. As soon as I reversed out of the parking spot I could feel the difference. Even reverse felt so much more powerful in that the car felt lighter, lol. I was like, oh hey now!

As soon as I pulled out onto the highway from the shop, I was like, yes!!! I think even the wheels spun and I thought, OK, this is what was needed from the get go. It definitely helps.

torga

Autocross Champion
I had to put around for a week with the stock tune (had to get warranty work done, so I decided to be safe).
Man, I didn't think I'd miss that tune so much.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
You can turn off your tune & revert to stock, but VW will know if you are tuned. There is no hiding it. Not all people have trouble with this, but some do. Glad it worked out for you.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm just innately a better-safe-than-sorry kind of person, so I didn't want to risk having to foot the bill for an intake manifold myself.