GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK VII Performance Pack Transmission In MK VI?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Right on. Why don’t you come out and drive? There isn’t another Lone Star Park for a while, but there’s an event at TMS in June. Either way, hit me up for some ride alongs next time you see me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done a lot of 1/8th mile racing but never auto X type racing. I would likely be down to do it, I am getting a spare car soon so wont have to worry about killing mine and having down time. My job requires me to drive around all day so that's my main reason. Sounds cool, next time I see you I will take you up on the offer.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I have done a lot of 1/8th mile racing but never auto X type racing. I would likely be down to do it, I am getting a spare car soon so wont have to worry about killing mine and having down time. My job requires me to drive around all day so that's my main reason. Sounds cool, next time I see you I will take you up on the offer.

For sure. My wife and I co-drive sometimes, but if she isn’t able to make it to an event you’re more than welcome to drive my car. You may have to short shift from 1st to 2nd for the time being, but it’s still a hoot to drive. I’ll let you know if she won’t be going in the future if you want.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Yes, let me know. I will more than likely wait till the next time you are out at lone star park. By that time I might just sign up and run my car. My wife hates my car and every car I have ever had that involved my time. Haha but such is the life of a gear head! I'm going to PM you my number so you can hit me up when the time comes. I will also keep an eye out, what sanctioning body is it you run in?

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Yes, let me know. I will more than likely wait till the next time you are out at lone star park. By that time I might just sign up and run my car. My wife hates my car and every car I have ever had that involved my time. Haha but such is the life of a gear head! I'm going to PM you my number so you can hit me up when the time comes. I will also keep an eye out, what sanctioning body is it you run in?

PM’d my info. I run a lot of NTAXS events and most of the SCCA & Equipe Rapide events. I’ve done a few BMW club autocrosses but most of them are way out in Mineral Wells, which is a little far when there are so many local events.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!

Actually might be a while now. Finished a run at mineral wells today and the clutch wouldn’t disengage. Had to drive all the way home to Denton by rev matching and praying I didn’t have to stop for any reason. Haha

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Hahaha, sounds like a fun ride! Do you think you lost hydraulic/ brake fluid or maybe fried the throw out? Very strange, please post your findings, what clutch and disk are you running?

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Hahaha, sounds like a fun ride! Do you think you lost hydraulic/ brake fluid or maybe fried the throw out? Very strange, please post your findings, what clutch and disk are you running?

I’m running the Southbend Stage II right now. Hopefully it’s a fluid/slave issue. I’ll probably flush it when I get home from work today.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I'm running the same, stock turbo?

Stock turbo, APR stage II flash. I pretty much narrowed it down to the throwout this afternoon. Pretty sure I’m going to put a stock clutch in it, put the oem parts back in, parting out the mods and selling it. My wife said she doesn’t feel very safe autocrossing in Gustav right now. It’s breaking my heart.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Stock turbo, APR stage II flash. I pretty much narrowed it down to the throwout this afternoon. Pretty sure I’m going to put a stock clutch in it, put the oem parts back in, parting out the mods and selling it. My wife said she doesn’t feel very safe autocrossing in Gustav right now. It’s breaking my heart.

Life is inherently dangerous, statistics show 100% of people who drink water will die at some point in their life.haha
Dang that sucks,get a miata. I always see those guys ripping it up or an s2k if you wanna spend some coin.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Life is inherently dangerous, statistics show 100% of people who drink water will die at some point in their life.haha

Dang that sucks,get a miata. I always see those guys ripping it up or an s2k if you wanna spend some coin.

Yeah...I’d like to keep her coming to events and feel safe, so I understand her concerns. I’ll sell off the the APR Carbonio intake, BSH motor mounts, extra set of wheels/tire and 034 sway bar/end links. I’ll leave the clutch, down pipe, forge diverter valve, and pulley. It occurred to me today that my nephew who graduated high school last week needs a car. So I might just gift It to him.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Let me know what you want for the intake, I have a stock one to put back on if needed. You have stage 2 intake or just the front peice? Either way would like to pick it up
Lmk, thx

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
It’s just the stage 1 part. Now that I think about it though, I’m not sure if the stage II software works properly with the stock intake. I’d hate to give it to him just to have it break straight away. Any experience with APR stage II with the stock intake?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Are you sure the clutch disc isnt welded to the flywheel?
I had that happen more than once at the drag strip after heating the tires and then launching with a southbend ferametallic lined clutch. it doesnt take much slipping under power to heat it up enough to have it happen. typically if it is welded you can let it cool off and try starting it in 4th gear. that will normally break it loose. be prepared for chattering afterwards though , from where the deposits are left from the fusing.

i have also seen the pressure plate bolts back out and then the tob cant collapse the pressure plate enough to disengage the clutch.