GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cts ko4 wont fit! Help!

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Next day off is monday so I’ll see where I’ll go from there. I’m going to see if I have enough clearance if I move the actuator away from the manifold. If I have enough I’ll modify the bracket and mount the turbo. If it isn’t possible I’ll have to put this car back together and return the turbo.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
I really dont want to start trimming the block, seems risky. I want to see if it’s possible to mount the right side of the bracket to where the left side mounts.
675F6D3F-E69B-410B-948A-03C0CF19AC4D.jpeg

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
You know when you tighten those bottom bars up it will lift the turbo towards the hood a bit. It would seem to me this could give you the clearance you need. The only way the turbo wouldn't fit is if that machined outlet is jacked up or it's just the wrong turbo altogether

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I just got under my car and took a pic for you. Looks like a tight fit but it's there. Looks like the hose may even bend around the timing cover

Attachments

• 20200307_153622.jpg
    20200307_153622.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 268

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
If you can slide that silicone coupler on there I would let it rip tater chip. Make sure u have the hose clamp already on the coupler, be easier.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Not sure what the difference is, looks same just one comes with more hardware. The bottom one comes with the N75 but the turbo is the same.
Have you put the bottom bars on and tightened them up a bit?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
And dont trim shit off the block, that is ridiculous and who ever told you that should be slapped. Not your fault..
I think you are good, just tell if you have bolted it to the block ?

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
My car is at my mechanic friend’s shop. At work today and tomorrow and probably won’t have time to work on it but I’ll try what u recommended and let u know what happens

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
My car is at my mechanic friend’s shop. At work today and tomorrow and probably won’t have time to work on it but I’ll try what u recommended and let u know what happens

Good luck man, we're pulling for you

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Ended up trimming about a quarter inch off the block and it fit perfectly! Didnt want to modify the bracket because of the possibility of not being able to return it. In the middle of putting it back together. I really hope this was just an isolated event and no one goes through this problem but if they do, this thread will always be here. Really appreciate all the help and support from u guys!

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Good to hear man, just for clarification what part of the block did you trim?
Are you referring to the "blocks" that bolt on under the exhaust manifold?

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, the passenger side to be exact. If you run into the same issue I would try everything else mentioned in the thread before trimming.
1583793292276.jpeg

I’ll get under the car later or some time this week to see if I can show you what it looks like now.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I gotcha, weird it had to be trimmed. When they told you to trim the block I was under the assumption they are talking about the BLOCK. Like the crank case block