GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

krokusstraat9

Well, yesterday I finished my bluetooth install. The battery was removed, cleaned, charged overnight and refitted with love.

Tried to start the car to set up coding but it won't start. Starter just clicks - dash bleeps and flashes at me. Just recharged it overnight 14.1v whilst charging - drops to 11.3v instantly when charger disconnected! Bugger! New battery needed then......

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Well, yesterday I finished my bluetooth install. The battery was removed, cleaned, charged overnight and refitted with love.

Tried to start the car to set up coding but it won't start. Starter just clicks - dash bleeps and flashes at me. Just recharged it overnight 14.1v whilst charging - drops to 11.3v instantly when charger disconnected! Bugger! New battery needed then......
how old is the battery?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like my MAF was snugged down. Haven't driven the car, but I'm hoping that's the problem and I can go on with my life.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
I threw a couple codes, p0420 and p2177. Im going to buy the treadstone air straightener for my cobb intake and see if that fixes it. If not, I think I probably have a leak.
Check your PCV breather hose, too...that was my issue.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Thinking I'm going to use some of my gubment money to get a downpipe and upgrade to stage 2 after years at stage 1+

Should I budget for a clutch as well?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Thinking I'm going to use some of my gubment money to get a downpipe and upgrade to stage 2 after years at stage 1+

Should I budget for a clutch as well?

Yes. I went 12k miles 1+ and the night I went Stage 2 and did the test drive it slipped. If you don’t have engine mounts get them too. I actually started to put a hole in my intake from the engine rocking back.
49E60DFF-38B4-4A08-8032-9BC8FBD59192.jpeg

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
going to try and fix my unibrace XB install that went wrong the other day. got a bolt stuck in a bad rivnut. going to dremel the bolt off then go after the flange of the rivnut. i have JB Weld ready for when i go to finish this.

also noticed that i appear to have been hit on my front end. im thinking it was a grocery cart of some kind but im not positive. gonna try and minimize the look of the damage, just some paint transfer on plastic is my hope.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
going to try and fix my unibrace XB install that went wrong the other day. got a bolt stuck in a bad rivnut. going to dremel the bolt off then go after the flange of the rivnut. i have JB Weld ready for when i go to finish this.
Cutoff the head and then just hammer it through after flipping the lip of the rivnut. You can just hammer the bad rivnut through to the other side and either grab it the wheel well or bottom of the trunk.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Cutoff the head and then just hammer it through after flipping the lip of the rivnut. You can just hammer the bad rivnut through to the other side and either grab it the wheel well or bottom of the trunk.
that would be a solid plan if this was something i could access from the backside. the location makes this not a viable option.